Sign in to follow this  
Titus Priam

Spice up Heron Mask (Spoilers for Tattered Fates)

Hi Titius,

first and foremost, I think it is "by design" that he is no match for the Widower. After all, he is just a human while the Widower is...something different. happy.gif

But there are some things that actually do help him. For example, his followers. He arrived with some Pilgrims and thereby has some backup. In additon, I think he is inteded as an optional ally for the pc so they do not have to fight the widower all alone. 

If you want to tipp the balance of the battle into his favour, allow him to summon one or two daemons (like those in the desecrated church earlier in the adventure). You can reason this away as "he had summoned them off-screen and now simply called them in".  

If you want to raise his own life expectation, allow him some of those flesh carvings his henchmen had as they were attacking the "White Scholar".  Perhaps even a little stronger.

If you do own the radicals handbook, think about these Rune-Spell which heigthens the TB and adds additional wounds. He could peform this in a hidden room in Gabrial Chase (after all, he and his follows had some floor plans. Again, the scene at the cathedral hints at that). And would be able to perform it on a handful of his followers as well.

Last but not least: if you REALLY want to ignore all the stop signs, give him a daemon weapon (if you do have access to DotdG or RH). A "minor" one should do.

Titus Priam said:

Hi

Heron Mask doesn't seems to be a match for the Widower, if there isn't added a little extra.

Have anyone added psy or sorcery powers to Him that I could reuse?

Thanks

No match at all, indeed. One of the things I was really wondering about initially when reading the adventure and a common thing in DH adventures.

I simply used the stats (or am about to use) of the female False Prophet in DoTDG, including the Daemon Weapon and the Hell Heart (giving him much needed survivability), making the hexagrmammatically warded gown a robe and changing some of the major arcana from Telekinesis to Divination (he was a Diviner after all) and included one or two of the more offensive Major Arcanas (forgot the name).

It seems the people designing the story do not talk with the (or let alone are the same) people making up the stats and those drawing the NPC pictures. For example Purge the Unclean: The picture of Enginseer Molochan has a Breacher, the stats have a Chain Axe included. The big mutant from the Broken Chains is described as shooting with his Autogun, the stats say he cannot use shooting weapons or has any at hand (as his picture also implies). The Psyker of the Broken Chains is described as 'an able close-combat fighter', her picture shows her with an Eviscerator above her head, but her stats say she has WS 27, SB 2, about no close-combat skill or talent and no close-combat weapon. Just to name a few examples...

Adding some things from Lady Solace and a Hell heart seems like a good idea. Thanks

I don't think he will use flesh carvings at least not to his head, as seems to use his handsomeness to deceive people.

The number one "***** factor" that Heron Mask suffered from in my game is an inability to survive a super-fast gunslinger/sniper assassin acolyte shooting his head clean off the moment he drops out of his box-text villain's solilloquy.   Consider slipping a Rosarius or one of the previously mentioned Pilgrims of Hayte tricks under his robes.   Between this and our team's Techpriest having solved the puzzle of the clock the big finale of TF was a bit of an anticlimax.   Frickin' AWESOME on the part of my players, but a little lacking in the storytelling department....   Fortunately I had already tormented the acolytes plenty in previous scenes but it was still pretty sad from a villains standpoint.   Since you already know that Heron Mask and his followers can summon minor daemons make sure to have them already done so at the start of the climactic scene, the daemons held (barely) under control in the hidden passages awaiting the big scene... Then unleash them into the crowd!   Use the stats from the deserated church scene or whatever you replaced those with.

"No, mister Bond, I expect you to shoot me in the head!"