Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFGKimball

Creating a FAQ

57 posts in this topic

That doesn't really solve anything. We already knew heavy walkers had to perform two Move actions to deploy. The issue is whether those two actions must be taken in the same round.

And this answer actually raises more issues than it solves. So now they're saying that even if the deployment zone is in the middle of the board, and the first move already puts the entire walker inside it, it somehow needs to perform a second Move action? That makes no sense and is not hinted at in the original rules at all.

It just makes no sense to force the player to move the heavy walker around when it's already fully on the board with the first move. Or are they saying that just placing it on the board already consumes both actions?

Loophole Master said:

It just makes no sense to force the player to move the heavy walker around when it's already fully on the board with the first move. Or are they saying that just placing it on the board already consumes both actions?

Actually it makes perfect sense if you break it down with the understanding that one Move action only gets the heavy on to two squares of the board, so if you where to plop the Heavy mech in the middle of the board that takes up 4 squares that would force the Heavy mech to have to use both Move actions to get that.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Loophole Master said:

So before the heavy walker performs its second deployment Move at the center of the board, it's rearing up on its hind legs?!!

You can view it how ever you like happy.gif

I'm just saying that a Heavy gets two squares per move, so for it to take up 4 squares right off the bat would force it to use both Moves, again a lot of things in this game don't make logical sense because it would break the game mechanics.

Don't even get me started with the Cerberus building and being on the roof LOL

The situation gets odd for scenarios where units are able to deploy fully on the board, rather than entering from an edge.

If a heavy walker drops down onto a different area of the board (ex: the bridge deployment zones from Victory Bridge, or the airborne drops from Operation: Seelowe), why is it limited to taking two move actions when the first action places it fully on the board?

It also brings questions for the Fireball's Scout Vehicle ability.  Scout Vehicle specifies the unit can move two additional spaces on the first turn, and there is nothing in the FAQ specifying those two spaces cannot be used on the first deployment move, so the Fireball could fully enter from the edge on one action.

I have no issue with forcing the slow heavy walkers to use two actions to fully move on from an edge in a single turn (though, as noted, the answer didn't actually address that question either).

I do have to wonder, especially in light of the lack of completeness for other issues, whether a non-edge deployment or Scout Vehicle were actually considered in the answer.