Sign in to follow this  
Yog Sothothery

Deathwatch Collector's Edition(hear anything yet?)

MarcusInvictusPretorius said:

Likewise not a word for me as yet on when I can expect delivery - And I am starting to get more than annoyed.

I was one of the first to order this thing - I got up at midnight local time to hit the server as soon as it became available. I paid up front in full - my CC was billed more than two months ago.

I have emailed FFG on several occassions to ask for an ETA and not even the courtesy of a reply from them on my last email around a week ago. Hence I registered here to vent my frustration.

The product may well be amazing (if and when it arrives) but the customer service sucks. I wanted this for Christmas for my son but now.. without word on when it will arrive it looks like I have to go shopping for something else.

Most disappointing. Freight might be busy this time of year- but I payed $100 for express freight airmail. At most that should be five days shipping.

Not a happy camper with FFG at this stage....

Well.. I managed to establish vox communications via an Astropath through the Warp with customer disservice at FFG this morning. A Polite phone call that led more or less nowhere was followed by me lobbing a haywire grenade into the chaos base station that is FFG.

Several astro seconds later an email rocked up in my mailbox that the item would be shipping today - which means no hope of it getting to me by Xmas.

I am disappointed that A: I had to activley chase this up to get any kind of result and of course B: That it wont be here for Xmas. FFG's solution? Quote "Why dont you package up a space marine in the meantime?"

Well.. because if I wanted to give my son a space marine I would have gone shopping at Games Workshop!

Sigh.. I guess I am just a victim of living on the other side of the Warp in Australia and FFG's seemingly uncaring attitude that some people might actually want these for Christmas.

I oredered mine within 5 minutes of the sale going live.

Had a snag with cc processing which was resolved the next day. I "think" that is what bumped me from 102 to 544, my **** move screwed me out of a few hundred spots!

Alexis

*smiles*

I got my shipping notice yesterday, and received my Collector's Edition today! (Living in a state adjacent to FFG has its advantages.) The odd thing is that the UPS man left it there without so much as a knock on the door - my housemate only figured it had arrived because I told him I was expecting a package and he heard the truck drive off. I was expecting a signature confirmation for delivery for such an expensive item.

Anyway, #310 of 2000, and my only complaint is that the black detailing on the metal gets on my fingers a little, like newspaper ink. Just have to be careful when opening it, I guess. I didn't realize it was going to be so much larger than the Rogue Trader's CE.

Got mine. Pristine condition, double-boxed, shiny as all hell, gorgeous and heavy. Looks like FFG took people's complaints about RT CE to heart! Brother Arsenius of the Angels Encarmine!

There was a notice, in the mail, of a package waiting for me at the local post office.  I'm hoping it's Deathwatch CE, as much as I'm hoping it's a GW figure case; want to transport a 1000 point Dark Elf army (gaming at my parents' property this christmas).

Got mine, number 726. No transport damages.

However the book's cover has come away from the pages. It seems the spine was not glued to the pages properly nor the back page so the cover just falls off.sad.gif

Hellebore

Hellebore said:

Got mine, number 726. No transport damages.

However the book's cover has come away from the pages. It seems the spine was not glued to the pages properly nor the back page so the cover just falls off.sad.gif

Hellebore

Send pic to FFG?

Alex

I received mine today. - And just in time for Christmas!

I ordered very early as far as I remember. Got Collectors number 789. - Which is an interesting number in itself.

The whole thing is awesome!
The book seems to be pretty much flawless, with the pages looking like they are made out of pure metal when closed, thanks to the silver lined pages.
The oath is in prime condition and the box is a marvel. - Even the cardboard box it came in was fairly cool.
My only disappointment is that the gold parts on the box are just painted, rather than being copper or something like that. - Plus the gold paint seems to have been dabbed on in a rush and has been running slightly.

Overall though, it is an amazing piece of work!
  Well done Fantasy Flight Games!

Mine has shown the following for 2 days now, so who knows if/when I'll actually see it:

-
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 22, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
-

I was told it shipped on the 20th, so either USPS has dropped the ball, or FFG has.

Little frustrating when people overseas have their copy and I'm 2 states away from FFG and can't even get tracking information.

Received mine yesterday; one day late from projected delivery.  Mine is copy 0300.  Everything looked fine on initial examination.  However, seeing Hellebore's post, I think I may just double check to make sure it's all good.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Arrived home after a couple of days away to find number 738 safe and sound.

Wonderfully wrapped, the box weighs a metric ton and it does look rather cool.

Got to agree on the paint issue on the box though, it looks like someones spilt something on a chunk of the box cover where they've painted it and its a bit chipped. The box also doesnt quite shut flush, its always open slightly. The scroll inside also came detached from the box but it does wedge itself back in without to many problems.

REceived mine this week as well.

Love the metal cover/key thingie, but my rulebook is terribly bound, pages falling out and the spine 3/4 detached.

For the price I was expecting a lot better job on the rulebook.

T

turinmacleod said:

REceived mine this week as well.

Love the metal cover/key thingie, but my rulebook is terribly bound, pages falling out and the spine 3/4 detached.

For the price I was expecting a lot better job on the rulebook.

T

Looks like it's not just mine then. Their printer may have used some dodgy glue...

Hellebore