Sign in to follow this  
Yog Sothothery

Deathwatch Collector's Edition(hear anything yet?)

Well, the UPS driver just made me a very happy camper and dropped off my CE.

The interesting thing is that the shipping box has a collector number on the outside.

----

Just unpacked it.

There should be no issues with shipping damage. FFG did a great job with packaging this behemoth. 

The case is heavier than I thought it would be for it's size and it is just awesome.

...back to work before the boss sees me.

Number 706 here. Agree on the packaging. Too bad they only stamped the CE number on the exterior box and inside the actual book. I wish they had stamped the interior box as well, as I'm keeping mine in it to keep the dust off of it.

The page edges are silver, but the "parchment-like" pages themselves are just matte finish regular book paper. They certainly don't feel or look like parchment. Still, I wish all their books were on this type of paper since there's no problems with glare like you get on the glossy finish paper they usually use. It's almost enough to tempt me to use it over the standard edition rather than just reboxing it and sticking it in the closet.

Book# 702/2000  

Yes, it is on the other side of the first page or two. I love this thing so much, but I must complain a little.

1: The wax seal for the Catechism of the Xenos fell off the paper it was attached to, melting the glue to get it back on failed.

2: The bottom front cover of the book itself has the "leather" seems to be loose or coming off a little.

3: There are some very noticeable scrapes on the silver lining of the pages.

4: The metal case hangs open a little, but I'm assuming that this cannot be helped (probably due to the design of the case or the belt buckle pushing on the inside of the case).

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy what I have gotten. This Collector's Edition is amazing, I am just a bit nitpicky and don't thing there should be parts falling off when they are supposed to be glued on.

The Archivist

The latest information I have is that my copy was processed by the US Postal Service in Minneapolis on the 16th. It arrived at the Oklahoma City sorting facility early this morning but too late for it to go out today. With luck the USPS should deliver my copy tomorrow. happy.gif

Mine has arrived, and it is number 638.  My only complaint is the chain and the key.  When it's on, it looks magnificent, but you need to take it all off to get it open, or else the key will fall off or get tangled with the chain itself.

I received my copy today in pristine condition without any damage or malformation from the way it is presented on the website. I got number 507 and it is a lovely piece of work so all I have to do now is wait till Christmas to fully enjoy the book.

Book number 473 was delivered by my postal carrier just a few minutes after noon in Oklahoma City. The book is in splendid condition. I run my game tonight so I can't wait to show it off to my players. gran_risa.gif

Not a word yet......

Check my email every day.

Also, was probably the first one to order one when they went up. This is kind of making me irritated that everyone else is getting them and mine still hasn't shipped apparently.

Likewise not a word for me as yet on when I can expect delivery - And I am starting to get more than annoyed.

I was one of the first to order this thing - I got up at midnight local time to hit the server as soon as it became available. I paid up front in full - my CC was billed more than two months ago.

I have emailed FFG on several occassions to ask for an ETA and not even the courtesy of a reply from them on my last email around a week ago. Hence I registered here to vent my frustration.

The product may well be amazing (if and when it arrives) but the customer service sucks. I wanted this for Christmas for my son but now.. without word on when it will arrive it looks like I have to go shopping for something else.

Most disappointing. Freight might be busy this time of year- but I payed $100 for express freight airmail. At most that should be five days shipping.

Not a happy camper with FFG at this stage....

MarcusInvictusPretorius said:

Likewise not a word for me as yet on when I can expect delivery - And I am starting to get more than annoyed.

I was one of the first to order this thing - I got up at midnight local time to hit the server as soon as it became available. I paid up front in full - my CC was billed more than two months ago.

I have emailed FFG on several occassions to ask for an ETA and not even the courtesy of a reply from them on my last email around a week ago. Hence I registered here to vent my frustration.

The product may well be amazing (if and when it arrives) but the customer service sucks. I wanted this for Christmas for my son but now.. without word on when it will arrive it looks like I have to go shopping for something else.

Most disappointing. Freight might be busy this time of year- but I payed $100 for express freight airmail. At most that should be five days shipping.

Not a happy camper with FFG at this stage....

When sth is important email is not the way to go. Phone calls are better; depending on where you live even international calls can be quite cheap.

Alex

I want to point out that the news was apparently they were going to wait two months after the release of the original, which it has been well over three months now this is true, but it very well could take longer or shorter to ship depending on the location of the person in question. However, it could be the e-mail regarding shipping has not yet arrived in the boxes of those two individuals above, because I didn't receive mine till a day after it had already shipped, but for the person waiting for it to arrive before Christmas, it could still arrive prior to Christmas.

SwornEagleFeather said:

I want to point out that the news was apparently they were going to wait two months after the release of the original, which it has been well over three months now this is true, but it very well could take longer or shorter to ship depending on the location of the person in question. However, it could be the e-mail regarding shipping has not yet arrived in the boxes of those two individuals above, because I didn't receive mine till a day after it had already shipped, but for the person waiting for it to arrive before Christmas, it could still arrive prior to Christmas.

With Xmas you need certainty though because you might need a different present otherwise. Thus I'd make a polite phone call.

Alex