Sign in to follow this  
skolo

Software for WFRP 3ed

Was anyone in FFG thinking about assembling nice software for GM/Players? Like D&D 4 players have?

Something to build characters, add advances blablabla and at the end print it on home printers just for our convinience?

is there any other software already made for wfrp 3 ?

I was going to suggest to Sunaset some things that i think could be done with Strange Eons. If someone can do it, it would be him (Hurleblanc isn't that active anymore it seems)

I would be some sort of Character Dossier that can link different element types from SE they already made (Character Sheet + Career Sheet(s) + Talents + Actions, ...) with a "print all" option and a save option. You would have all elements in a single .eon file. Most of the models already exist.

The main difference with a characer builder "DD style" is with the content being copyrighted that cannot be distributed. You'd have to create your own Careers, Talents, etc., cards in SE. It's quite fast anyway, but you won't have the whole list to choose from. If you own the Player Guide, it would not a problem to add a few cards manually.

There are currently 4 software "things" for WFRP3:

1. The dice app for the iphone
  2. The WFRP and Liber Fanatica plug-ins for Strange Eons (including the half-page character sheet, which I'm particularly excited about)
  3. Maptool WFRP3 platforms (including the dice box) for virtual tabletop online play
  4. Dicebox (on someone's webpage)

Jay H

Emirikol said:

2. The WFRP and Liber Fanatica plug-ins for Strange Eons (including the half-page character sheet, which I'm particularly excited about)
  3. Maptool WFRP3 platforms (including the dice box) for virtual tabletop online play

Jay H

Where does one acquire the #2?  I looked over the Strange Eons software, and it looks interesting...but I couldn't find any kind of support link for WFRP...(and as I'll be starting a campaign here in a couple of weeks, I think the tool could prove handy :) )

Kalan said:

Emirikol said:

Jay H

Where does one acquire the #2?  I looked over the Strange Eons software, and it looks interesting...but I couldn't find any kind of support link for WFRP...(and as I'll be starting a campaign here in a couple of weeks, I think the tool could prove handy :) )

The plugins (apart of Liber Fanatica one, that is not yet available, but should show up soon) are here:

- www.vendolis.org/forum/viewtopic.php - first plugin created for Warhammer 3-rd, author Hurlanc (this plugin should be visible in downloadable plugins menu, when you run SE, that Odd mentioned above)

- www.gmtools.excelocms.com/download/wfrp3_adds.seext (this one currently require the above to work, and have the half page NPC sheet Emirikol mentioned, but will change soon, when Liber Fanatica plugin will be available, so you may want to hold on a bit)