Sign in to follow this  
*player2257524

Paul LeMond and Binding

Fellow CoC players,

I have a question about ''Paul LeMond'' in combination with ''Binding''. Lately I've been playing a game with Paul LeMond in my deck against someone with Binding. We've run into a problem... I copied someone's printed icons with Paul LeMond, committed him to a story, my opponent played Binding against Paul LeMond... My question is, what happens now? Normally a character would lose all of it's printed icons... Is it the same or Paul LeMond? The card itself doesn't have any printed icons on it... but it gains printed icons from the action??? Or does it work the same way as attachments work in combination with Binding (as far as I know you don't lose the icons of your attachment card if that character is chosen by Binding)?

I would really like to know what you guys do, just to be sure I use the correct rules. Thanks in advance!

Golivier

It's similar to the latter case.  In this case Binding CAN legally be played on Paul, but it has no effect.  He loses all printed icons (which is none) and retains any icons he copied through his ability.

So while it's legal to play it, it doesn't do anything other than drain the domain used to play Binding.  (Which, in some fun cases, can be enough of a reason to do it)

However, it's good to note that another annoying card (similiar to Binding) - called "White Out" (Hastur Event card) - cost 2 - says (IIIRC) - Play on your opponents turn.... choose a character committed to a story.... that character does not count its Icons or Skill".

This is important because White Out does *NOT* use the "more restrictive" "Printed Icons" wording....it just says (effectively) - "whatever Icons the character has at this very moment the card is being played".

White Out  - WOULD - be able to neutralize Paul Lemond.     However, it only comes in the Mountains of Madness OOP - AP - so I doubt you or opponent have many of them lying around.   I thought I'd mention it though, as one potential option your opponent could use against you sometime.

Thanks for the information, I really didn't know about the ''White Out'' card. Luckily she hasn't got any of those lying around, it would be a very nice card for her against Paul LeMond. Most times I combine Paul LeMond with ''Alhazred Lamp'' just to be on the safe side, but that wouldn't do any good against a card like ''White Out''. Gives me something to think about for future games ;-)

Golivier