Sign in to follow this  
odd

Few Questions

I played for the first time last night, and I had a few questions:

I didn't see how much each kind of advancement cost if it's in class?  How is an ability considered in class or not?

Career advances are 1 each, Career Attributes cost the new rating.

It's "Career's" if it is listed on the Career sheet (attributes, skill list, type to Talent Slot) and the number of each you can purchase in the 6 Open Career Advance slots (they are 4 Fixed advances which are 1 Skill or Spec, 1 Talent, 1 Action & 1 Wound). Those other 6 can be purchase according to the Career sheet options (10 available, you pick up to 6 out of those 10 max, can be less if you raise a Career Attribute, check the FAQ)

Non Career costs +1 Advances each (=2), except for Advanced Skill which cost 4 (Acquire or Train or Spec). Increasing a non Career Attribute is max to 4 and cost (new attribute +1) (5 advances to get a 4)

skolo said:

and you can upgrade your wounds value (by 1) or buy next skill even (by 1) if your career sheet states ZERO.

those are the 4 Fixed Career Advances i was refering to, all Careers have them. They are not listed in the 10 possible Advances part of a Career Sheet (from which you can only buy 6). Any Career can at least buy 1 Action, 1 Talent, 1 Skill or Spec and 1 Wound even if the Career sheet list mentions 0.

I played again the other night and have a few more questions.  For henchmen they have a pool of hp equal to their toughness x number of them, but they all still act?

Fortune points, everyone gets 3, they can blow as many as they want to add a blue d8 for each?  Seems kind of week for once a session?

Anyone else have issues with colorblindness and dice/stances?  Few of my friends are color blind and kept grabbing wrong dice or moving the stance the wrong way.

If you get a skill from your race, can you "train" it again with the skills you get from creation points?

If you specialize weapon or ballistics skills, you can pick a weapon type and add another gold d6 when using that kind of weapon?

How would you recommend players dropping someone with 9 soak?  I did the adventure in the back of the book and they fought the Wargor, but couldn't really hurt him cause his soak was so high.

I played again the other night and have a few more questions. For henchmen they have a pool of hp equal to their toughness x number of them, but they all still act?

No. In essence, a single group of henchmen is a single creature.  It only rolls one initiative slot, it only acts once per round, etc.  It gains increased wounds and attack bonuses, but decreased Toughness (in essence, since T is only applied once). 

Fortune points, everyone gets 3, they can blow as many as they want to add a blue d8 for each? Seems kind of week for once a session?

Each Fortune point spent adds a white Fortune die. Blue dice represent Characteristics.  Keep in mind, that while PCs start with only 3, and can only ever have 3 at a single time, the game is designed for players to use these and get them refreshed during the course of the game. So, a single player could conceivably use 8 or 9 fortune dice in a single session if the group is roleplaying well and getting rewarded with fortune refreshes.

Anyone else have issues with colorblindness and dice/stances? Few of my friends are color blind and kept grabbing wrong dice or moving the stance the wrong way.

I don't, as no one I currently know is color blind.  For the stance track, I would recommend writing an "R" or "C" on the Red/Green pieces, or else making your own simple Stance track with letters.  As for the dice, well, I think it will just come down to the players needing to be careful and look at the symbols on the dice before they add them to a pool.

If you get a skill from your race, can you "train" it again with the skills you get from creation points?

Most races don't give you training (ie a yellow die), only the ability to use that skill as far as I remember.  Regardless, no, skills have a maximum training value equal to the current PC rank.  They cannot be trained more than once while Rank 1, for example.

If you specialize weapon or ballistics skills, you can pick a weapon type and add another gold d6 when using that kind of weapon?

Specialization add a white Fortune die, not a yellow Skill die.

How would you recommend players dropping someone with 9 soak? I did the adventure in the back of the book and they fought the Wargor, but couldn't really hurt him cause his soak was so high.

Actions that have the ability to ignore Soak, or weapons with armor piercing quality mainly.  For example, Troll-Feller Strike.  Otherwise, keep in mind that every hit does at least a single wound, and that critical hits become wounds if the blow wouldn't normally damage an opponent.  So, lots of attacks will eventually weaken and kill a tough opponent (assuming the PCs live long enough).