Sign in to follow this  
Salcor

(DH/RT/DW) How would you run a Badab War Campaign

So some friends of mine are trying to set up a Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader/Deathwatch campaign to run along with their large scale 40K Badab War campaign.  Reading through the IA:9 fluff, I was thinking an interesting campaign would be to have the characters playing as acolytes/servants to a radical inquisitor who manipulates the events to cause the civil war.  My friend wants to have each player make three characters, for each of DH/RT/DW.  what experience level would you set for the different characters.  Any ideas for adventures for each group. 

Another option would just be having it be DW level (perhaps with some ascension level characters mixed in).  And the characters would be normal marines play through the civil war, perhaps they are a Deathwatch contingent requested by the Inquisitor Legate investigating what has turned Battle Brother Against Battle Brother.

Salcor

Although from the current fluff in IA 9, I was thinking that the Dark Heresy campaign would climax with the characters infiltrating into the Ring of Iron to sabotage the defense station starting the battle that destroys the Tithe fleet and generally begins the war.

But keeping it in the Deathwatch realm also highlights that there is more to playing a marine than just killing things.  You could reasonably run a standard Dark Heresy game with marines.  Perhaps you could start the players out as a new Deathwatch team assisting the Maelstrom Warders.  Start them out building a repoire with the chapters around the maelstrom, then show the beginning of the slide to civil war.  Although I have to double check the 40K timeline involved.  Or another option is the characters are brought in after the Civil War has begun to investigate the cause, and perhaps infiltrate into the ranks of the Successionist Chapters.

Salcor