Sign in to follow this  
Miah999

A couple blog updates for Matriarchy players, with AT 43 Red Bloc figs lying around.

This is great stuff.  I really like the group shot you have on your site (where's that tank from?).  Reminds me of the Therian conversions I saw on Doc Savage's site (can't remember if Doc made em or if that was someone else's work).  I don't have any Therians and spent my FFG holiday sale budget picking up more Red Blok soldiers and Karmans, otherwise I'd add those conversions into my base set (course they were based on Tann v1.0 rules so maybe they're out of date?). 

I've been thinking of converting some of the great Red Blok soldiers to Tannhauser so I'll be watching your customs carefully.  I really want to put a few Kolossos soldiers on the board (they kind of look like some of the units from the ill-fated Field Ops Tannhauser card game).

I just posted character sheets for the four new AT 43 based Phantom Division characters I'm working on. Thery're about 16megs a piece, but once the tokens are complete (give me a few weeks for those) I'll be posting a pdf on Google Docs of the whole squad.

I haven't even started creating equipment for these guys yet. So If any one has any token suggestion/requests leave a comment here or there, and I'll see what I can do.

The Therian conversion was by littlewars. Tannhauser figs are pretty cheap right now. They will need to be rebased to fit in the circles. That is a quick process with some cheapo (15 or 20 cents each) D&D or Starwars minis singles. With Georgi leading them are they all Faction Loyal - Matriarchy?

I bought the Red Blok stuff for the Mechs as much as anything. Those are awesome and you have already made a map for vehicles...

docsavagepu8-2.png

The AT-43 heroes should have actual art lying around that you can use for the cards and character sheets. I have the art for Anastasiya if you cannot find it online. You might be able to use the art for the female character from Dust as well, though it obviously wouldn't match up quite as nicely.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you do with the figure. I bought her as well for use in Tannhauser (I think Doc, you, and me are all working with a very similar figure pool for customs...) but it'll be awhile before I get to actual customs. Need to work on some templates for the cards and character sheets =

I haven't been able to find many art pieces for the Red Blok figs online, and I never played AT 43 so I don't own any of the books or others materials. If the art is in the Red Blok Army book let me know, and I might be able to pick up a copy.

I'll put out a revised edition at a later date if I get better images, for now I just want folks to have somthing playable.

I never played AT43 - I mainly picked up a few pieces here and there for Heroscape customs back in the day - so I'm not sure what is in the Red Blok army book. I would expect it to have artwork for the heroes, at least, but cannot tell you for sure without stopping by the local store to check. 

So far, the figures I plan to use in Tannhauser are Anastasiya, the Therian Tiamat, the Spetznaz Kolossus, and the UNA TAC-ARMS. I've found art for all of those except for Tiamat. Actually, two for Anastasiya - there's a "winter" version of her artwork! =)

I cannot seem to find the website where I found the art for Anastasiya anymore, but if you need any of those, you can send me a PM and I can send you an email. 

Thanks for letting me know, I'm having some scans from the army book sent to me.

I would like to see the Anastasiya winter image, my email is easy just drop the .blogspot.com off my blog address and replace it with @gmail.com. Also I think it's in my profile.

Miah999 said:

I would like to see the Anastasiya winter image, my email is easy just drop the .blogspot.com off my blog address and replace it with @gmail.com. Also I think it's in my profile.

Sent you an email with both versions of Anastasiya, though I see now that you already found a pic of the regular version and updated your blog! Looks nice. The character looks pretty balanced with a number of standard items mixed in with the new.

What fonts did you use for the various text, and are any of them available online? My Mac seems to have less fonts than my old PC, and I'm having trouble matching the fonts. 

My two favorite fonts for the stat numbers are Veteren Typewriter, and Underwood Champion (this is the cleanest of the typewriter style ones and it matches my 1920 Underwood you can see on my blog here:miah000.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-holiday-token-and-preview.html). Doc likes 1942 Report for his and I think it goes well with the Tannhauser style. Doc also likes Dakota Handwriting for any script needs, I tend to use a different script font as often as possiable.

The stecil style font on the rule sheet is Stencil Gothic JL, and I tried to stick to Times New Roman for anything needing serifs just because every Windows computer has it. You'll be seeing several uses of a font called Soviet in the Phantom Division stuff later.

I think that's all of them, if you need anything else just ask.

Ps. If your looking for a good pre-WWII style German font try F25 BlackletterTypewriter (it's good for background stuff, I used it on the Heizinger ID card you can see on the clipboard by my gun (a 1912 M1895 Nagant) next to the typewriter).

Thanks for the responses guys! I'm not sure I have those fonts, though I see a basic Stencil font on my Mac.

And Doc, I'm trying to emulate the revised edition character sheets. Anyplace there where the Typewriter font is used? Not like I have that on my Mac, but I figured I'd ask =P

I downloaded the sample pdf and looked at the font properties in Acrobat Pro.

Yes it uses all of the American Type Writer fonts, so far as I know those aren't free, but it does come with some newer Macs.

The stecil style font used is Gunplay, free from DAFont.com.

They also used AncientGreek, Apple Chancery-SC700, Dymo (for the page numbers), and JCM.

Looks like I do have the American Typewriter font. With a little adjustment to the tracking, it matches very well with the ability text for the items. So I think I'm about as close as I can get for fonts without spending money on new ones. Thanks guys!

I need to see if I can re-create some of the borders and backgrounds for the different factions. After that, I'll probably test out my template. I'll let you guys know how it goes.