Sign in to follow this  
electronicham

What do you use as your Opaque Cup?

I am just using one of the larger ziplock bags that initially came with the game. I shall get something eventually, but will likely default to some sort of tupperware container or similar because of my lack of creativity. Anyone use anything....exciting?

I'm making a Cthulhu statue (about 30-35 cm height) with an opening at the back, where all the monster tokens can be put. I'm still in the developing stage but it looks good (at least I think). I post some photo's in a later stage. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Ace Kaussner said:

I'm making a Cthulhu statue (about 30-35 cm height) with an opening at the back, where all the monster tokens can be put. I'm still in the developing stage but it looks good (at least I think). I post some photo's in a later stage. gui%C3%B1o.gif

You should make it PEZ dispenser like, but instead of pealing his head back, you just have to crank one of his tentacles and he spits out a monster token.

I really wish I knew how to make something like this.

Whatever the container, make it big. I used to use a bag when I got the AH base set, but trust me. Once you get more expansions, you'll need something a lot bigger. I use a big box expansion lid to hold them, and clamp another one on top of it clam style, so I can't peek at what monsters lie beneath.

The Professor said:

Like several other Arkham-ites, I use the Purple and Gold Crown Royal (drawstring) bag!

That stopped fitting all my monsters, like, long ago. I picked up a wine bag. That may have to do for a while until I can get something like the CR bag but larger.

I use the large space in the plastic filler that comes with the box. If you put the rulebook over top so it covers the tokens then the players cannot see what they are drawing, it seems to work fine for our troupe.

long live cthulhu!

Tibs said:

The Professor said:

Like several other Arkham-ites, I use the Purple and Gold Crown Royal (drawstring) bag!

That stopped fitting all my monsters, like, long ago. I picked up a wine bag. That may have to do for a while until I can get something like the CR bag but larger.

Really? I have all the expansions and don't have a problem with it. Maybe it's because I don't have the Innsmouth monsters in it or something.

You could always buy the 1.5 liter bottle to get the larger bag ($50+ is totally worth it, right?).

I actually use a gnarled, brown paper lunch bag with the opening rolled down a bit.  It catches the feeling of the game nicely. So much so, we decided to keep it. It flatens out to fit in the game box and everything.  We agree we could not have paid for a better monster cup!

Avi_dreader said:

The Professor said:

Drink it ~ reduce Sanity loss by 1 to a minimum of 0

I'm pretty sure you'd increase sanity loss if you drank all your monster chits.

And stamina loss from the cramps you feel later.

And an additional sanity loss when you realize you have to pay another $220 to replace the base set, the big-box expansions, and the Black Goat expansion.

$50 for a 1.5L Crown Royal bag is worth it, because the 1.5L bag comes with a 1.5L bottle of whiskey.