Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NinjaDorg

1920s music Lovecraft ambient soundscape

48 posts in this topic

Thank you for your work, it's great ! Reading HPL, playing Arkham Horror or a lovecraftian RPG is going to be a far deeper experience now ! gui%C3%B1o.gif

And best wishes for 2011 for you all !

Thanks for linking this!  First time playing Arkham with my son last night.  We had a blast even though we were unsure about a few rules.  The music will certainly add to the atmosphere!

H.P. Lovecraft said:

I watch (listen to) H.P. Lovecraft movies while I play, Re-Animator, From Beyond, The Gate etc.

Those are some pretty cool B-movies, Dagon is my favourite Stuart Gordon HPL flick (actually based on Shadow over Innsmouth despite the title).  Have you checked out The Call of Cthulhu silent movie?  Probably the most faithful HPL movie adaptation so far - until Del Toro gets Mountains of Madness out the door that is . . .

Thanks for all the comments and thumbs on YouTube guys, happy new year to you all too!

That is a great film, need to get it on dvd some day, I highly recommend the documentary The Eldrich Influence: The Life, Vision and Phenomenon of H.P. Lovecraft, which Im sure many here have already seen, but for those who haven't, check it out.

Wow, am I grateful for these! They are amazing, and will definitely give atmosphere not only to all my future Arkham Horror games, but also all Call of Cthulhu and Trail of Cthulhu RPG campaigns I'll run. It's just delightful! Awesomesauce, fat creds, love, and all that. :)

Thanks for all the comments guys, really glad you like it - I don't know how to get notifications when people reply to my posts on these forums??!

There's another sound track in the works but it's just a play list of 1920s/30s jazz without all the SFX, it also includes full tracks from these soundscapes too.  I'll let you know when it's completed.  FYI - this sound track (obviously) also works really well with Mansions of Madness.  Imho of course...  

NinjaDorg said:

Thanks for all the comments guys, really glad you like it - I don't know how to get notifications when people reply to my posts on these forums??!

There's another sound track in the works but it's just a play list of 1920s/30s jazz without all the SFX, it also includes full tracks from these soundscapes too.  I'll let you know when it's completed.  FYI - this sound track (obviously) also works really well with Mansions of Madness.  Imho of course...  

Heh...  I just check the forums twice a day minimum (once in the morning, once in the night).  Alas, the days of notifications are long since gone.

Cheers guys, been tied up with Lord of the Rings: LCG mods in my spare time, but I must get back to finishing that playlist soon!

Jerreth said:

I stumbled upon this artist whom made a few Lovecraft soundscapes and it reminded me of the brilliant ones NinjaDorg did.

www.chrislambert.net/page21.htm

I look forward to hearing more of your work NinjaDorg. :)

Thanks for the link, I'm off to check him out.

PS.  Sucks about this whole notifications thing, seems a bit dark age to me??

Really amazing thank you! these go perfect with the game. Will keep this bookmarked for any other stuff you do.

THANKS!!!!!

Thanks mate, I need to get round to uploading that 1920s jazz playlist for those who want it without the SFX and stuff.  Currently I'm all about LOTR:LCG though...

Just another "thank you" note. My Arkham Horror games are usually full of a lot of talking, but these were PERFECT for the Mansions of Madness game I played with my wife and brother. Really top notch. Well done. :)

Judasgoat said:

Just another "thank you" note. My Arkham Horror games are usually full of a lot of talking, but these were PERFECT for the Mansions of Madness game I played with my wife and brother. Really top notch. Well done. :)

You're very welcome, thanks for listening!

Higher quality wavs and mp3s of the original sound track plus a load of 20s/30s jazz tunes are now available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xsi0vdwvkywbou0/uhn2GRi-hF

and here:

http://www.4shared.com/folder/rWDiZdgW/Nameless_Festival_WAVs.html

Try this password:

bgghorror

:)

I sort of like some of the low quality distortions though :'D

Do you think the high quality version is definitely better?  What's different about it?