Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NinjaDorg

1920s music Lovecraft ambient soundscape

48 posts in this topic

I've mixed some 1920s music, drones and effects together to create some soundscapes for our games of Arkham Horror and I thought I'd share the YouTube links with you - hope you enjoy!

NinjaDorg said:

Cheers guys - I'm still sourcing and mixing parts 3 & 4  - I'll let you know once they're up!

Thanx for the cool stuff ;-)

Julia said:

NinjaDorg said:

Cheers guys - I'm still sourcing and mixing parts 3 & 4  - I'll let you know once they're up!

Thanx for the cool stuff ;-)

Heh, no worries, thanks for the Heralds!  Always loved John Coulthard's rendition of R'Lyeh...

NinjaDorg said:

Heh, no worries, thanks for the Heralds!  Always loved John Coulthard's rendition of R'Lyeh...

Ha! You know the picture! Great! ::nodding:: I'm glad you like even the Heralds, btw :.smiling::

Combine 20s jazz with haunted house noises.  Nice, simple idea.  I like it.  

Though it sometimes sounds a little bit like the soundtrack to Manos: The Hands of Fate gui%C3%B1o.gif

avec said:

Combine 20s jazz with haunted house noises.  Nice, simple idea.  I like it.  

Though it sometimes sounds a little bit like the soundtrack to Manos: The Hands of Fate gui%C3%B1o.gif

Haha!  Torgo's theme should be played for investigators visiting the Unnameable!

Hello,

Just starting a solo game versus Yog Sothoth.  I have your music/ambience playing in the background and it sets the scene perfectly.  You are a genius!  Thank you again.  I believe creating the right atmosphere for these immersive games (particularly RPG's) is an absolute must if the experience is to match the theme.  You have more than helped to achieve this.  I have been playing to Nekton Falls (Celestial Dragon records) which is more than alittle creepy but not 1920's thematic.  Like the thunder!

Cheers,

Jonathan Ward said:

Hello,

Just starting a solo game versus Yog Sothoth.  I have your music/ambience playing in the background and it sets the scene perfectly.  You are a genius!  Thank you again.  I believe creating the right atmosphere for these immersive games (particularly RPG's) is an absolute must if the experience is to match the theme.  You have more than helped to achieve this.  I have been playing to Nekton Falls (Celestial Dragon records) which is more than alittle creepy but not 1920's thematic.  Like the thunder!

Cheers,

Great to hear it dude - thanks for the feedback, and good luck against Yog!  sorpresa.gif

Gonna check out Nekton Falls now...

Cool - I'm definitely going to have to check this out.

Our favorite ambient music for Arkham has been the soundtrack to Aliens (i.e. the 2nd one).

squad said:

Cool - I'm definitely going to have to check this out.

Our favorite ambient music for Arkham has been the soundtrack to Aliens (i.e. the 2nd one).

Jameses Cameron and Horner made the best movie and music of the series with Aliens I reckon.  Used the Aliens music when playing Doom often but never thought of it for Arkham Horror.   Good choice!

NinjaDorg said:

And finally part 4:

Enjoy!

demonio.gif

Okay, post download links now :')

Also, in part three, there's a really cool picture at about 2:20, where did you get it (I'm just thinking it'd make a wonderful herald face)?  I wish I'd had it for Kerathimel :'/

Avi_dreader said:

Also, in part three, there's a really cool picture at about 2:20, where did you get it (I'm just thinking it'd make a wonderful herald face)?  I wish I'd had it for Kerathimel :'/

The R'lyeh image is from here:

javascript:void(0);/*1292323655474*/

Download links are on their way...

NinjaDorg said:

Avi_dreader said:

The R'lyeh image is from here:

javascript:void(0);/*1292323655474*/

Download links are on their way...