Sign in to follow this  
Drake Leonclaw

Battle Royale question (probably a no brainer)

Played with the Battle Royale ending for the first time ever last night.  Had a few questions.  Mainly, do the individual battles that happen in Battle Royale still allow for various effects to take place that require a battle to take place with a loss of life resulting, right?  Namely:

- Does the Dark Cultist get to roll for a gift after each life she takes during her fights?

- Do the Ghoul and Runesword drain life? Can the Vampiress with her followers?

- How does the Highlander's charge work if it makes him lose a turn?

- Are spells still allowed to be used?

- Are new spells still acquired by those characters that get to replenish spells, either because they have a character ability or because they have the wand, and if so, when?

- Can the Amazon redo battles?

Drake Leonclaw said:

- Does the Dark Cultist get to roll for a gift after each life she takes during her fights?

- Do the Ghoul and Runesword drain life? Can the Vampiress with her followers?

Yes to those.

Drake Leonclaw said:

- How does the Highlander's charge work if it makes him lose a turn?

The whole turn during the ending issue hasn't been officially resolved. Let the Highlander Charge.

Drake Leonclaw said:

- Are spells still allowed to be used?

- Are new spells still acquired by those characters that get to replenish spells, either because they have a character ability or because they have the wand, and if so, when?

- Can the Amazon redo battles?

Yes to those as well. Only issue is characters who get to replenish at the start of their turn. With no turns per se, I would say they either don't replenish or do so when it's their "turn" to pick who to attack.

Here's a good question for the battle royale ending

so i have the talisman i am taken there as assassin i cant assassinate on the crown and its not my option to fight yet

im up against a leprauchan who wants to fight in craft; i have 8 minus 1 from jester and he has 8 and no fate. i have all my fate.

he wins the first fight with BRAINWAVE then the 2nd fight he chooses strength and loses so that it can be my turn.

At the start of my turn he casts PATH OF DESTINY; do i get a quest?  Then if so; i pulled LOSE YOUR NEXT TWO TURNS.

What happens?  Do i miss two turns leave the crown and lose?  Or do i jus miss two turns?  Or?  Does he ever get to go?

… hm?

basically my question is; do i have to complete my quest by missing 2 turns and leave the CoC at which point i am no longer on the crown and lose?  Or does the 'must complete your quest as soon as possible' no longer apply when you're alrdy at the ending?

Sorc101 said:

basically my question is; do i have to complete my quest by missing 2 turns and leave the CoC at which point i am no longer on the crown and lose?  Or does the 'must complete your quest as soon as possible' no longer apply when you're alrdy at the ending?

Nice question.

No matter if Battle Royale is in play or not, when you are on the CoC and somebody casts Path of Destiny on you, you have to complete the quest immediately, if able.

In your specific case, missing 2 turns would be impossible with the Battle Royale Ending, because the "turn" concept ceases to exist while the characters are fighting each other on the Crown. This has never been officially clarified by FFG, but it's how most people interpret it.

However, the problem exists for many other quests that can be immediately completed by a character involved in Battle Royale (e.g. discard a Magic Object). He would be teleported to Warlock's cave to receive a Talisman.

My suggestion is that the character should be teleported again to the Crown of Command to join Battle Royale again, provided he has a Talisman. He surely will be able to receive a Talisman from the Warlock, but if he has already one he can come back with the aid of a Quest Reward (if available).

However, this Ending has a lot of holes and missing information, but we're still waiting for an official explanation.

heres another good one

i dont have a talisman im the first to the crown via slaying dungeon guy 12str dude

i pluck battle royale everyone with talisman comes

one guy has follower that allows u to throw a guy in jail if diff from ur alignment 

so he wins and i go to jail without a talisman; so im dead?

Sorc101 said:

heres another good one

i dont have a talisman im the first to the crown via slaying dungeon guy 12str dude

i pluck battle royale everyone with talisman comes

one guy has follower that allows u to throw a guy in jail if diff from ur alignment 

so he wins and i go to jail without a talisman; so im dead?

He has to defeat you to use the Jailer's ability. If he does, he has to take a life from you, he can't take a Talisman instead.

So you'll be thrown in Jail with the Talisman, if you hadn't ditched it before (but why would you do such a stupid thing?).

The real question is the same as above: if I'm moved away from the Crown with Battle Royale in play, do I return to the Crown if I have a Talisman and die if I have none? Or what then? This I cannot answer.

yea but in this instance i was at the crown without a talisman by slaying the dungeon guy by 8+ to get teleported to the crown and we randomize the endings to see which we get at the end rolling a d12 and it was battle royale so when he beat me and sent me to jail i did not have a talisman so i assumed i had lost.