Sign in to follow this  
Tibs

Daoloth and other promotional items

Thx also for the scan, Fenyx :-) Btw, I guess you were there. Did they mention anything about the future development of the AH line?

Plus: considering the amount of "promotional items", this thread should be sticky

I fear I heard nothing about future Arkham plans. Admittedly I wasn't grilling anyone but I imagine if they had announced anything it would have reached my eager ears.

Oh, I also completely missed Saturday evening as I had to attend a wedding.

Fenyx said:

I fear I heard nothing about future Arkham plans. Admittedly I wasn't grilling anyone but I imagine if they had announced anything it would have reached my eager ears.

Yeah, thought so. Plus, no news on the website = bad news. Thx for confirming it. Let's wait to see in the coming months what happens

Tibs said:

H.P. Lovecraft said:

I don't remember Lovecraft mentioning that Cthulhu had a brotherlengua.gif

You'd be right! That's why August Derleth took it upon himself to declare that Hastur was Cthulhu's half-brother, and they oppose each other because Cthulhu is water elemental and Hastur is air elemental.

Almost forgot to mention Brian Lumley's deity, Kthanid, who is not only Cthulhu's alleged brother, but is also benevolent to mankind.

serio.gif

I can forgive Derleth for many things - without his efforts Lovecraft's name may have vanished into the Abyss.  But Lumley's crimes are manifold and unforgivable (shudder).

Cheers for the up though, Tibbs!

Yeah, I went through the release schedule through next year and all I found was reprints. At least that's a good sign (the base set was on the list) but not very encouraging.

But other good things are happening in the world of Lovecraft so it's not all bad news :)

GREAT SCREAMING SPAWN OF AZATHOTH!  That is a nasty update.  In an all-expansions game, investigators are virtually guaranteed to be Cursed permanently after a certain point in the game, which further means that the Final Battle will almost certainly end immediately with everyone dying.  I…wow.  Anyone want to speculate on how strong he is now?  I would now place him on the "I feel like losing today" list with Atlach and Rhan, but I might be overreacting.  Certainly, he's significantly less dangerous with fewer boards.

Julia said:

Fenyx said:

Yeah, thought so. Plus, no news on the website = bad news. Thx for confirming it. Let's wait to see in the coming months what happens

The waves of monsters appeared without first appearing on the Forthcoming list - so it's possible something may suddenly appear.

I never understand why someone doesn't grill them at one of these events about future AH products - I definately would.

Walk said:

GREAT SCREAMING SPAWN OF AZATHOTH!  That is a nasty update.  In an all-expansions game, investigators are virtually guaranteed to be Cursed permanently after a certain point in the game, which further means that the Final Battle will almost certainly end immediately with everyone dying.  I…wow.  Anyone want to speculate on how strong he is now?  I would now place him on the "I feel like losing today" list with Atlach and Rhan, but I might be overreacting.  Certainly, he's significantly less dangerous with fewer boards.

Sister Mary and Father Iwanicki might have something to say about that. Finn Edwards is slightly less affected by being Cursed too.

Whoops!. I meant Skids O Toole who can reroll 1's. Whilst he'll still be hit by a curse like anyone else, he'll be less afected because he can reroll all those 1's (and get an extra dice to boot!) in the hope he can score some more sixes.

Jake yet again: Father Iwanicki isn't necessarily going to appear in a game, particularly if you have a large number of expansions with Allies (or, you know, don't have CotDP).  Ditto Sister Mary; what's more, she passes her story if two investigators are Blessed (which will take a while unless you're lucky and get an encuonter that Blesses someone or some such) and fails her Story if she gains a Curse card, which, as you might imagine, is rather easy with the new Yig.  Skids can only use his ability on skill checks.

Incidentally, I've just thought of a combo for the masochists out there: new Yig plus Dark Pharaoh.  Any takers?

Walk said:

Jake yet again: Father Iwanicki isn't necessarily going to appear in a game, particularly if you have a large number of expansions with Allies (or, you know, don't have CotDP).  Ditto Sister Mary; what's more, she passes her story if two investigators are Blessed (which will take a while unless you're lucky and get an encuonter that Blesses someone or some such) and fails her Story if she gains a Curse card, which, as you might imagine, is rather easy with the new Yig.  Skids can only use his ability on skill checks.

Incidentally, I've just thought of a combo for the masochists out there: new Yig plus Dark Pharaoh.  Any takers?

Taken, and beaten :-) Only with DH board in play, though. As soon as I finish the MH series of games I have in mind (I guess I need another three years), I'll play an "everything in game" with Arkham Nights AOs and different combo of Heralds

Walk said:

I'm in the middle of an all-expansion game with him right now, and I can confirm that this is pretty much the case. Finn Edwards is the only one that isn't cursed. The others have to either choose between rolling 1 die while cursed to try to not get re-cursed, or just not moving (a bunch of low speed investigators). 

I do have Massa di Requiem per Shuggay, so I might just need to close what gates I can, get everybody to south church, bless everybody at once to get rid of curses, and then use the book to summon Yig before any of us gets cursed again. Wait, no, that won't work, because the book is used during movement, and the blessings come after… and a mythos phase will be interposed to curse us all again. 

Maybe I just hide in South Church with my sneak maxed, and bless everybody the turn before I anticipate Yig awakening. It's rough. 

jack21222 said:

Walk said:

I do have Massa di Requiem per Shuggay, so I might just need to close what gates I can, get everybody to south church, bless everybody at once to get rid of curses, and then use the book to summon Yig before any of us gets cursed again. Wait, no, that won't work, because the book is used during movement, and the blessings come after… and a mythos phase will be interposed to curse us all again. 

Maybe I just hide in South Church with my sneak maxed, and bless everybody the turn before I anticipate Yig awakening. It's rough. 

Second game doing the new Yig scenario wasn't going well. We ended up blessing everyone (to get rid of the curse), getting lucky and not having a gate open (due to a seal), and then waking him by having an investigator get Lost in Time and Space by casting Find Gate (and thus getting devoured).

It worked but it wasn't pretty.

I haven't yet had a chance to try Yig II, but I'm now considering how much harder it will be to pass the Dance of the Damned rumor. I might just deliberately fail it and get it out of the way now.

That reminds me, is there any kind of agreed-upon nomenclature for the revised AOs, aside from New-thulu?  I suppose Hastur could be "Has-two," or "2 Hast 2 Hurious," or something

subochre said:

That reminds me, is there any kind of agreed-upon nomenclature for the revised AOs, aside from New-thulu?  I suppose Hastur could be "Has-two," or "2 Hast 2 Hurious," or something

partido_risa.gifpartido_risa.gifpartido_risa.gifpartido_risa.gif