Sign in to follow this  
rust00

Descent Miniatures

Hello Descent fans :)

I wanted to ask if someone knows where I could buy additional Descent core games minis, because Giants, Dragons, Demons, Ogres and Naga seem to be lacking in some quests, hope to hear back from to someone soon :) Thank you in advance.

RZ

Unfortunately, there is no way of getting more figures apart from buying a whole new game.   Perhaps you could find a copy that someone is selling on Ebay for cheap.  

You really shouldn't be adding more miniatures to the game, it's part of the *cough* balancing mechanism. There are only supposed to be X-number of giants (2 I think, 1 normal and 1 master) on the board at one time. The limit of the miniatures is a design feature of the game.

-shnar

Ehmmm, I could agree with the Balance, yes, but some quests say, that you need to substitute one figure for another, example, Quest 2: The Brothers Durnog, you have to use a white Giant if the Heroes open both doors, not a biggy, but still would like to get my hands on extra copies :)

As for ebay, already checked :) But I need Giants, Demons, Dragons :)

You have 2 options :)

Nr.1. - You wait for God only knows how long until someone wants to sell them :)

Nr.2. - You buy Castle Ravenloft :) all 4 characters are included there for Descent, Runebound and Runewars :)

Rust00 said:

Ehmmm, I could agree with the Balance, yes, but some quests say, that you need to substitute one figure for another, example, Quest 2: The Brothers Durnog, you have to use a white Giant if the Heroes open both doors, not a biggy, but still would like to get my hands on extra copies :)

As for ebay, already checked :) But I need Giants, Demons, Dragons :)

Yeah, those quests were finalized before the component list, apparently. Short of the suggestions already made (ie: buying an extra copy of the game, hopefully for cheap, or scanning used websites/flea markets) there's really no way to get individual figures.

You could try contacting customer support about the idea of buying individual pieces, but I'm pretty sure such things have been asked before and the answer has been "no."

Rust00 said:

You have 2 options :)

Nr.1. - You wait for God only knows how long until someone wants to sell them :)

Nr.2. - You buy Castle Ravenloft :) all 4 characters are included there for Descent, Runebound and Runewars :)

I assume you meant DungeonQuest, not Castle Ravenloft.  =P  CR is not related to Descent in any way.

Just to avoid confusion, the 6 characters provided in DQ do indeed come with character cards for the other three Terrinoth games, however, none of those characters are the same as the 4 "promo" heroes released last year on a limited release schedule.

Nara the Fang is available in all first print run copies of Sea of Blood, which I suspect can still be found without too much effort.  Just look for the sticker saying Nara is inside.  The other three are currently OOP with no consistent source for acquisition.  You might find them of eBay or the like, but there's nowhere to go and just buy them, sadly.