Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McFonz

Weapon stat question

8 posts in this topic

On the data cards for the different units it has stats for weapons.

Now train your eye to the name of a weapon and then emedietly to the right is a number or letter which so far as the starter set goes appears to be numbered 1-4 or U.

Anyone have any idea what these are for? It sort of baffled me because it does not appear to relate to anything but has to be there for some purpose. The rule book doesn't identify what they are for either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McFonz said:

On the data cards for the different units it has stats for weapons.

Now train your eye to the name of a weapon and then emedietly to the right is a number or letter which so far as the starter set goes appears to be numbered 1-4 or U.

Anyone have any idea what these are for? It sort of baffled me because it does not appear to relate to anything but has to be there for some purpose. The rule book doesn't identify what they are for either.

Those are the range of the weapons.  "U" would be unlimited.  You may be thinking the numbers across the top are range and those are actually armor levels.  So far with the first role out you only have armor level 2 for soldiers and and armor level 4 for tanks.  So the only column you would use is 2 for infantry and 4 for tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dcal12 said:

McFonz said:

 

On the data cards for the different units it has stats for weapons.

Now train your eye to the name of a weapon and then emedietly to the right is a number or letter which so far as the starter set goes appears to be numbered 1-4 or U.

Anyone have any idea what these are for? It sort of baffled me because it does not appear to relate to anything but has to be there for some purpose. The rule book doesn't identify what they are for either.

 

 

Those are the range of the weapons.  "U" would be unlimited.  You may be thinking the numbers across the top are range and those are actually armor levels.  So far with the first role out you only have armor level 2 for soldiers and and armor level 4 for tanks.  So the only column you would use is 2 for infantry and 4 for tanks.

Should have told you where to find this information.  Look at page 5 of the rulebook.  Lower right large box.  3rd sentence from top of box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aha, all is so much clearer now.

So you check range and then the armour of the target you are firing at and then check the chart. That actually makes the game even better!

Thanks, that's one more question answered . . . . . . feel a bit silly! sonrojado.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McFonz said:

Aha, all is so much clearer now.

So you check range and then the armour of the target you are firing at and then check the chart. That actually makes the game even better!

Thanks, that's one more question answered . . . . . . feel a bit silly! sonrojado.gif

It was easy for me to answer, I was playing the same way when I first bought the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh we missed loads of riles in our first playthrough! Didnt realise that Hard cover block line of sight - walkers cant move diagonally around obsticles, that walkers block line of sight to infantry and that corvers give you light cover to name but a few!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mech's cutting corners we missed at first so they were really effective. The stat lines are unique as I don't every remember playing another game with a similar mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0