Sign in to follow this  
MaHaPaTe

RtL - Outdoor Traps & Big Monsters and pits

Hello everybody...

First, one really stupid question... In an encounter (assuming I have one Trap-Treachery Point) I can choose to get one trap treachery card OR two normal trap cards from the OL deck? Am I right this far....? Hope so!

Okay.... for the fun of it I choose the two normal trap cards and one of them is crushing block (The trap where u put a rock tile on the floor ; got the german game so I'm not 100% sure if this card is really named crushing block but I hope you get which one I mean.)

So my question... Where the f*** should this rock come from? A Manticore came by and lost the one under his feet??? It's not that important I know but its just loose.

Second, am I right that a big monster only needs to have one space under him which is normal floor, e.g. coul it stand one 3 pits and one normal space? or 2 pits and 2 normal spaces. I have in mind with one pit and 3 normal spaces its okay....

THX

Yes, you can buy either 2 trap cards from the normal deck, OR 1 trap card from the treachery - notice though, that you must buy cardtype 'trap'. So I don't think you can buy say Dark Servant (monster event) card if you had a monster treachery, since it is not a spawn card. You cannot buy powers either.

And yes, a large monster must be fully in a pit to be in a pit.

The realism of the crushing block in the forest, you'll have to figure yourself :) Though there could be all sorts of traps set up, so it's not 'that' unlikely.

edderkoppen covered the first question.  I would need to check, but you can only purchase cards during Lts encounters right?

As for where the Crushing Block comes from, all adventurers know that a smart OL has a Giant that roams the countryside with his Lts that throws things at the Heroes.

As for Pits, I think its in the FAQ but I'm not sure.

Big Remy said:

As for where the Crushing Block comes from, all adventurers know that a smart OL has a Giant that roams the countryside with his Lts that throws things at the Heroes.

Righty Right.... ;)

sorry for double post

Oooooh  look .... maaaagic *waves fingers*

*Rolling Boulder crushes that prat elf Ker*

I figure it's not less reasonable than the Overlord charming people or using other magic in a normal dungeon ...though it did take me a bit to get there.

The crushing blow in forest question is easy: The lieutenants roam the countryside trying to siege cities, so most of the time, they drag catapults with them.

Crushing block is only a catapult eventually hitting a hero during an encounters (but it needs to have a sniper beastman aiming it, because these crushing blocks have an insane accuracy).