Sign in to follow this  
SuperKalelJorson7

2010- A Great Year for Tannhauser

Even though it kind of felt that other games were getting all the attention around here, FFG did a great job with Tannhauser.

New revised rulebook

New troop packs for the Reich and Union

Oksana

Hoax

Asteros

Daedalus

Wolf reprint

The last 4 are on the boat and heading this way.  I don't know of another board game, FFG or otherwise, that had this many expansions this year.

I just think FFG deserves some thanks for not giving up on the game. The 2.0 rules are a great improvement and the figs look good. I hope this game is successful enough for continued attention like this.

Keep in mind that all of these( and the still missing Reichdoktor) were already done token and figure-wise by the time ToY sold the imprint to FFG. All FFG had to do was update the rules to new system.

What I'm really curious to see is what they'll release now that they have no more "pre-made" expansions... I hope that we will see new unknown release for Tannhauser later in 2011 !

Agreed.

Tannhauser is a great game and it deserves top-notch treatment. I think the secret to keeping any game going is the introduction of fresh ideas. FFG has taken steps in that direction with the release and pending release of more characters and a new map set.

As with any game, things can get a bit stale, especially when players only have a few maps on which to play. For my vote, I would like to see FFG release more maps. As a suggestion, how about maps that provide additional levels to the castle with staircases, chutes, trapdoors and the like added so games can span multiple maps? Maps of other locations would also be great such as archeological sites, ancient ruins, catacombs, etc.