Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OniNoTed

Deathwatch Termie Killteam

17 posts in this topic

   Here's what happens after you play Space Hulk and read the Deathwatch rulebook.  I was inspired to create a killteam for Space Hulk and hopefully use in a Deathwatch campaign.

   They are in various states of completion, with none being close to done.llorando.gif  Hopefully, they'll be done by years end.

IMG_0071-Copy.jpg

IMG_0072-Copy.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0076-Copy.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074-Copy.jpg

IMG_0075-Copy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. A squad of Deathwatch Terminators look really impressive I have to say. And should be formidable opponents to any xeno threat.

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think I like the Storm Warden termie the best. Both the pose and the paint job are excellent. Sadly, my Space Hulk Termies are still unpainted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem With the Salamander Termie. His skin is supposed to be black w/ red eyes!

Small detail I know, but just saying LOOKS EPIC THO!

-J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chrismata said:

 This may be obvious to everyone else but where did you get the Term sized DW shoulderpad?

 

Well, there's the Deathwatch conversion kit available on the Games Workshop, but that doesn't seem to have them that I can find.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shoulder pads are from the plastic Terminator box set. It only comes with one, so I ordered a bunch from a bitz website.  I can't remember which one.

 

Jkilla,

  I didn't know about the red eyes on the salamanders.  Thanks.  As for the black skin, he is black(dark skinned) or do you mean that salamanders have black skin like the color, not the ethnic term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apocabitznow has some. 

 

I ordered 5.  I figure thats enough.  :)

 

OniNoTed said:

The shoulder pads are from the plastic Terminator box set. It only comes with one, so I ordered a bunch from a bitz website.  I can't remember which one.

 

Jkilla,

  I didn't know about the red eyes on the salamanders.  Thanks.  As for the black skin, he is black(dark skinned) or do you mean that salamanders have black skin like the color, not the ethnic term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once upon a time they had dark skin, as in African, but now they're cannonically deep-obsidion-black-skinned, with the glowing red eyes, so that they look proper scary. So yes, lack-of-spectrum black as oppose to ethnicity black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xan_Shaw said:

Once upon a time they had dark skin, as in African, but now they're cannonically deep-obsidion-black-skinned, with the glowing red eyes, so that they look proper scary. So yes, lack-of-spectrum black as oppose to ethnicity black.

Xactly what Xan said, Their skin has been charred to a crisp by their skin implant (the proper term eludes me right now) because of the UV radiation from their planet.....or is it the volcanoes.....can't remeber the specifics srry sonrojado.gif

-J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jkilla41 said:

Xan_Shaw said:

 

Once upon a time they had dark skin, as in African, but now they're cannonically deep-obsidion-black-skinned, with the glowing red eyes, so that they look proper scary. So yes, lack-of-spectrum black as oppose to ethnicity black.

 

 

Xactly what Xan said, Their skin has been charred to a crisp by their skin implant (the proper term eludes me right now) because of the UV radiation from their planet.....or is it the volcanoes.....can't remeber the specifics srry sonrojado.gif

-J

Radiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool! The conversion work looks top notch and the paint schemes so far are as well. JKilla41 beat me to the Salamander comment, though I would like to add that I think they way you painted the face looks great, and I would hate for you to lose the work just to make him canonically correct... Ultimately it should be your call.

I'm curious, I think I can pick out all the home chapters except the guy with the chainfist - do yo know where he is going to be from? I wold love to see more posts/pics as you progress and/or when you finish!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you hear something?

 DID YOU HEAR SOMETHING?

I haven't made much progress.  Work and Family take a lot of your time.  Who knew.

I've added paint to most of them, but the white scar is almost done.  I have started on the Xenos scum.  I am using the dipping technique, so I hope to knock them out pretty fast.

@ Direach:  I use Warstore.  Neal is great. I've ordered alot of stuff there and never had a complaint.

 

@RaiPaladin:  The Chainfist termie may end up being a crimson fist or an Imperial fist. I haven't decided yet.  I have a couple more to make, so if you have any suggestions, I'm open.

Thanks everyone for the Astartes history lesson and the nice comments.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work.  Those models inspire me to run a Terminator based game. 

And for the record, I dig the Salamander just as he is.  The jet black skin concept was ridiculous when they introduced it.  Give me some John Henry looking Salamanders swinging their Thunder Hammers any day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0