Sign in to follow this  
tkis

Equipment Sheet

It is basically a paper doll with fields, one can fill with abbreviations (e.g.  Krak Grenade -> K.G. , Bolt Pistol -> B.P. Flamer Canister -> F.C.) and the explanation of carrying limits. Due to the optional rules maximal possible weapon loadout is 5, including small sidearms , the sheet features 5 form fields for weapon stats, a line box for gear, and the power armour bonuses table for convinience.

I like your work.

Nice to see a sheet like this one perhaps more space for the gear and let the weapon stats on the main character sheet.

But before everything else good idea and good work. Big thanks.

I like it - quite clear and avoids the issue of having a player "suddenly pull out the lascannon I told you I was bringing"

For my Dark Heresy War-Party, and for whenever I get round to running Deathwatch, I use the: Five Hands Method

Each player can take up to five hands worth of weaponry. A 2-handed weapon counts as 2 hands, a 1-handed weapon as... 1 hand. Grenades count as bundles (although in DW I might change that and let them take loads- not decided yet)

So we'd have the Assault Marine carrying his chainsword and bolt-pistol, and then a selection of other weapons. 

In DH, our close-combat bruiser would normally carry a chainsword, bolt pistol, backup mono-sword (chainswords get slippy...) and a shotgun for long-range (Bless him, he comes from a world where people still use shields..)

Our gunbunnies would trot around with boltguns, autoguns and backup pistols/sword combos

This method is easy, no-one can argue they don't understand how many weapons they can take (okay- someone did once) and it keeps me happy

Hm, over 200 views and no new responses, a bit more input would be nice. Right now i am considering an ammo sheet, with flamer canisters, plasma flasks, bolter clips and melta/laser packs, probably combined with special bolter ammo rules.

tkis said:

Hm, over 200 views and no new responses, a bit more input would be nice. Right now i am considering an ammo sheet, with flamer canisters, plasma flasks, bolter clips and melta/laser packs, probably combined with special bolter ammo rules.

Heh, I looked at it but I am eyeing to use the character sheets for the standard equipment and maybe using cards for the mission equipment.

But if you want feedback, I'd say that the Gear boxes could be made smaller so that you have room for more of them.

Alex

I like it, I will show it to our ref and see what he thinks though I will likely use it myself. As for the ammo sheet I have done one myself in word, basically just with lines to mark off when I fire rounds off. I would be interested to see your version.

I have always been a fan of this sort of character item sheet, which takes in basic encumberance and mobility.  I think it was the old Jagged Alliance PC game that had the best paper doll model; one that the basic slots could be expanded by equipping backpacks, bandoleers, web gear, etc.

Nice work.

-Cynr

Feedback is welcome as always, the original idea was to combine several weapons on one sheet, the current bolter sheet being one of the elements, the idea was scrapped due to lack of demand though.

tkis said:

Feedback is welcome as always, the original idea was to combine several weapons on one sheet, the current bolter sheet being one of the elements, the idea was scrapped due to lack of demand though.

Did you ever play either WH40K: Chaos Gate or X-Com: UFO Defense back in the 90's?  They utilized very similar game engines.  I know that at least in the case of X-Com, your troops had a gear load out screen which was very similar to how your equipment sheet lays things out.

At first glance, I like it.  I'll get more feedback to you if and/or when I think of something.

-=Brother Praetus=-

UFO, Chaos Gate, Jagged Alliance, Incubation and many others, which have used a similar system, a paper doll with slots is in my opinion a good way to represent carrying capacity and encumbrance. I severely dislike the extradimensional backpack of doom approach.

tkis said:

UFO, Chaos Gate, Jagged Alliance, Incubation and many others, which have used a similar system, a paper doll with slots is in my opinion a good way to represent carrying capacity and encumbrance. I severely dislike the extradimensional backpack of doom approach.

Completely agree, although my players tend to argue.  GM giveth, GM taketh away. gui%C3%B1o.gif

-Cynr

tkis said:

Nice, the one I did is rather more basic and less pretty. It also has ammunition counters for all of the weapons the character carries. I will show this to my ref as well. Nice work.

really great job i must admit.

I have forced its usage on my players to limit their bolter full-burst usage to absolute minimum. Now they chose their gear much more carefully, same with fights, now they sometimes even avoid some skirmishes to not deplete ammo or change much more often to close combat. Game have become much more tactical.  

i only changed how much grenades and ammo clips u can carry in one small slot.