Sign in to follow this  
FFG Ross Watson

The Deathwatch GM's Kit is now on sale as a PDF!

But how do I turn my laptop into a 4-panel screen, hey?

Sorry, that's all I got. gran_risa.gif

I remain gladdened that FFG are continuing to release PDF material in parallel to their print materials.  Kudos.

Kage

I think it'd be kinda nice if FFG gave us the .pdf for free when we purchase the book. Or perhaps if there was some way to issue a discount or something. I would like to have a digital copy in addition to my hard copy but not to the point where I'm willing to spend one and half times as much to get both. 

Plus I think a .pdf GM screen is just silly... :D

I generally detest pre-made GM Screens, preferring to make my own so that they contain the information I feel I actually need, organized the way I want it. I own a 3 panel landscape Customizable GM Screen for just this reason. I generally only by pre-made GM Screens for the supplemental material anyway, so I appreciate being able to get this material at half price since I'd never use the actual Screen anyway.

I dunno, some of the material in the GM kit is useful, but if you do not typically run pre-made adventures it can be a bit over-priced as a PDF. I was a bit disappointed in the Mission generation appendix, to tell the truth. I was hoping for something a bit more complex than a bunch of plot hooks. That being said, it is done in the typical flair that I am coming to take for granted from FFG. Very nice artwork, and I like the tantalizing nibble they showed us on vehicles from the upcoming supplements. One question though: are these vehicle rules going to be identical to those in Into the Storm? I've not introduced any of my players to vehicles yet, but if Into the Storm  already has the rules I may have to do so; the thunderhawk stats are just too tempting!

Anyway, back on topic, I think that the GM kit is best bought simply for the screen, which renders the PDF not quite as useful (unless you build your own screens like mac40k does), or for the scenario if you run pre-made ones frequently.

FoxPhoenix135 said:

I dunno, some of the material in the GM kit is useful, but if you do not typically run pre-made adventures it can be a bit over-priced as a PDF. I was a bit disappointed in the Mission generation appendix, to tell the truth. I was hoping for something a bit more complex than a bunch of plot hooks. That being said, it is done in the typical flair that I am coming to take for granted from FFG. Very nice artwork, and I like the tantalizing nibble they showed us on vehicles from the upcoming supplements. One question though: are these vehicle rules going to be identical to those in Into the Storm? I've not introduced any of my players to vehicles yet, but if Into the Storm  already has the rules I may have to do so; the thunderhawk stats are just too tempting!

Anyway, back on topic, I think that the GM kit is best bought simply for the screen, which renders the PDF not quite as useful (unless you build your own screens like mac40k does), or for the scenario if you run pre-made ones frequently.

Or if you just want stats for Vespid and variant kroot.