Sign in to follow this  
Emirikol

Do you wargame too? If so, which armies are your favorites?

Do you wargame too? If so, which armies are your favorites?

I think I prefer Empire.

On a related note, I find myself "roleplaying" the combats.  The other guys always look at me like I'm out of line.

jh

Nothing wrong with a little roleplaying, after all Warhammer rose out of roleplaying and it is good for it to return to its roots every now and then. Naming characters and units; writing unit and army background; specialized scenarios and campaigns and so on can add a great deal of entertainment to the game. Have you ever tried running a scenario with a GM, character objectives, special unit rules or power imbalances they can be a nice change from the usual battles (I imagine that was one of the reasons for randomized scenarios in eighth edition).

As for armies; I collect Bretonnians, Wood Elves, Dwarfs, High Elves and Skaven from GW (though I probably could proxy another couple of armies from miniatures for other systems/ from other companies), of the five the Brets are my favorites, follow by the WE, Dwarfs, HE and Skaven . Of the armies I don't collect; the Empire, Orcs and Goblins, Tomb Kings and Lizardmen all hold my interest but I doubt I will start another collection any time soon (I am gradually being lured away by Mantic).

regards,

ET

I play Vampire Counts, Dwarves, and Dark Elves.

Stopped playing for a few years but recently got back into it with the release of 8th edition, which is awesome out side of a few poor (IMO) choices.

Back in college I played Skaven, Brets and Empire, this was back in the grand old HeroHammer days. Recently I have tried to get back into it, but dont really like it as much as I did. I prefer the character driven armies of the past.

But I do play 40K, Imperial Guard!

I play Skaven and Orcs-n-Gobbos. I've played both games (WFB and WFRP) since the mid-80s off-and-on, but I've always stuck with these two 'cause that way I get to use the minis in my WFRP game! I'm seldom at a loss for enemies...  ;)

I've been playing the tabletop games from GW for about 20 years.  At some point or another i've played most armies, but have always really gravitated towards Warhammer Fantasy Battles.  The armies i enjoyed the most:

• Chaos: Nurgle
  • Lizardmen
  • Tomb Kings
  • High Elves

Back in the day I worked for Games Workshop for a little over 2 years.  That opportunity gave me a lot of flexibility to explore many armies and game systems.  Great company, if you ever have a chance to work with them, dont pass it up.

Game on!

Gitzman