Sign in to follow this  
Gregorius21778

[Input Requested] Ideas for FORBIDDEN creatures of Dusk

Hi Peacekeeper,

thanks for the offer. But converting the whole book is a really big task and more then I would allow myself to ask for. Especially with regard to copyright and stuff gui%C3%B1o.gif. But if you intend to do it anyway... the creature you mentioned...this "Bog Octopi". I had an idea for such a think myself quiet a while ago. Mine was housed beneath the roots of mangrove trees. Using it´s tentacles to pull prey under water far away from it´s body. Drowning them, then dragging them to it´s body & eating them.

What is the one you mentioned like? This made me currious. happy.gif

Gregorius21778 said:

Hi Peacekeeper,

thanks for the offer. But converting the whole book is a really big task and more then I would allow myself to ask for. Especially with regard to copyright and stuff gui%C3%B1o.gif. But if you intend to do it anyway... the creature you mentioned...this "Bog Octopi". I had an idea for such a think myself quiet a while ago. Mine was housed beneath the roots of mangrove trees. Using it´s tentacles to pull prey under water far away from it´s body. Drowning them, then dragging them to it´s body & eating them.

Very similar to what you describe, but it dwells at the bottom of the mud and swamps. In WFRP 2E terms, its very nasty, a few tweaks for DH stats and you have a nice little challenge for a party that can soak some of their ammo and wounds just as a side encounter.

Its actually the next critter on my list to convert.

Something in the vein of Alien - a parasite that burrows into the host and assumes control of it's body? Similar to the Brain Leaf, but nastier, since it can use the warp, thus it's victims gain Psy Ratings.

Peacekeeper_b said:

Gregorius21778 said:

Hi Peacekeeper,

Very similar to what you describe, but it dwells at the bottom of the mud and swamps. In WFRP 2E terms, its very nasty, a few tweaks for DH stats and you have a nice little challenge for a party that can soak some of their ammo and wounds just as a side encounter.

Its actually the next critter on my list to convert.

Nice for sure. Unfortunately (as my swampkraken as well) "not FORBIDDEN enough".

Put as I browse this topic; I now have about half a dozen beasts and monsters forbidden enough to fill a shuttle store room together with all the more "mundane terrors" of Dusk. This will do it nicely.

How about something similar to the Mugwumps from Naked Lunch: weird, possibly sentient semi-humanoids that secrete addictive halucinogens? The Imperium would definitely have an interest in prohibiting the sale of those creatures.

Adeptus-B said:

How about something similar to the Mugwumps from Naked Lunch: weird, possibly sentient semi-humanoids that secrete addictive halucinogens? The Imperium would definitely have an interest in prohibiting the sale of those creatures.

Now I have another reason to go an watch a David-Lynch-Movie. :)  It was David-Lynch-Movie, wasn´t it? Anyway, I think I´ll need to watch the movie before giving a statement. But thanks for the inspiration

Gregorius21778 said:

Now I have another reason to go an watch a David-Lynch-Movie. :)  It was David-Lynch-Movie, wasn´t it? Anyway, I think I´ll need to watch the movie before giving a statement. But thanks for the inspiration

David Cronenberg, not David Lynch. The movie sucks, imo, but you might get some good insperation from it...