Sign in to follow this  
Toolian

Theme for UK/England army?

The Sundance Kid said:

Yorktown said:

I don't consider the Reich a melee army. At least, not in the sense that the Matriarchy is. The Reich has good melee capabilities, yes, but it isn't the focus of the army. Karl, Heizinger and the Schocktruppen are all very good at range (though the Schocktruppen relies on Overwatch). I think the Reich just has more melee capability than the Union. It's not melee-focused. It just has more close-combat power.

What kind of stealth powers were you thinking of, though? 

I agree, the Stosstruppen is the only one that stands out as a true melee character.

Yula has the Kruger which is effective, but she is balanced between hand and range.

Eva is primarily melee as well (if you aren't using Strafe at least every other turn YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG), but she has her pistol as backup.

A Japanese Katana slashing faction has the potential of being more hand to hand and more sneaky.

an idea -

smoke bomb- Once per game when you are attacked by a long range weapon (non-hand to hand or mental) remove this token and avoid combat. Move 6 spaces away from attacking character. Attacking character loses his action for the turn.

Can not be used against overwatch.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea. The once-per-game limit keeps it from being overpowered. 

sorry to put a damper on this, because i think it would be a great idea, and i love the mental image of mine with knights in full plate armour, with heavy machine guns. but my quibble is this : wouldnt england just be part of the union? a big part in fact, since, britain was one fo the main players in ww1.

but enough of my dumb logic!

i think merlin should be in there as well, maybe in officer uniform, but with druidic powers and summoning and shizz.

Actually i'd like some casting faction. As far as i know the only caster is Heinzinger a some minor skills (like that indian sign that has the girl with dynamite (**** can't get her name right now)). Maybe some celtic stuff. Or mongolian faction with some futuristic bow like weapon, old mongolian spells and... u get the picture.

I think that already T.O.Y. planned a fourth faction.

WeirdWar games standards would suggest a Japanese one ( and there are some hints toward it ).

But if you just put Ikarus Faith, Assassins, Alamut and page 9 of the old Daedalus rulebook together, maybe adding a "djinn/efreet/Arabian nights" theme...Did anyone order a stealth/magic faction???

The Rising Sun Faction is my next big effort after some Hero packs. Magic, melee, that's their focus.

I like the Arthurian theme and backstory for your UK team, Miah.That all sounds good to me. Now you need some figures. AT-43 UNA perhaps? I have lots of those...

docsavagepu8-2.png

Falco said:

Actually i'd like some casting faction. As far as i know the only caster is Heinzinger a some minor skills (like that indian sign that has the girl with dynamite (**** can't get her name right now)). Maybe some celtic stuff. Or mongolian faction with some futuristic bow like weapon, old mongolian spells and... u get the picture.

meh, i think britain would be more of an armoured faction, loadsa reinforced steel plate armour everywhere :) but your right, there should be more casters, although FFG have supposedly released another one for the reich. 

Why all the English-centricness with the UK army. There's Wales, Scotland and Ireland to, Ireland still being a part of the UK during the First World War. If your talking Druids, Arthur, Merlin, magic etc then that's all Welsh. Then you have the massive industrialisation of South Wales, ports, coal mines, etc. South Welsh tunnel fighters with a heavy technological base or North Welsh with a more Druidic base, maybe powered by Red Dragon blood?

twrchtrwyth said:

Why all the English-centricness with the UK army. There's Wales, Scotland and Ireland to, Ireland still being a part of the UK during the First World War. If your talking Druids, Arthur, Merlin, magic etc then that's all Welsh. Then you have the massive industrialisation of South Wales, ports, coal mines, etc. South Welsh tunnel fighters with a heavy technological base or North Welsh with a more Druidic base, maybe powered by Red Dragon blood?

hahaa yeah, with magic pot noodles 8) i kid, kid.

most of the round table werent from england. i dont think even arthur was english. but britain does kind of own all the other uk countys so... :/

twrchtrwyth said:

That pot noodle advert is hilarious.partido_risa.gif

Britain is fine-ish, it's when people call it all England it gets a bit tedious.

i know! partido_risa.gif

well then, maybe a welsh magic base, and an english technology base, possibly incorporating some steampunk designs ?

im guessing your welsh?