Sign in to follow this  
Fox

How much do you appreciate the BSG the boardgame?

First of all congratulation FFG you have made a others great boardgameaplauso.gif. I have receive it monday and i have play 5 times so far, I love the feel of the game it's like the tv series, The Cylon mothership pop and attack, the FTL jump are cool, the Cylon traitor are great to play and the character are cool and representative of the series.  The only thing it miss for this games it's lots much of tokens, cards and plastics figurinesgui%C3%B1o.gif. I  am waiting for the extention.

There is no need to discuss BSG's greatness. However, like many others, I was a bit disappointed by the cardboard basestar tokens. Surely it wouldn't have killed the price if they had made them from plastic like the rest? Or were there other reasons?

Obviously, I too am waiting for the Pegasus-Expansion followed by the New Caprica-Expansion. ;)

Hello!

First i must apologize my bad english because i am from germany... I have too Battlestar Galactica now and i find it a very brilliant game. But two things i am a little bothered:

1. There is not as much material (specially the plastic figures could be more... Maybe Cylon Basestars?)

2. The Skill cards could have been more varied. Only two different skill cards for each skill i find a little too few.

So long (greetings from germany),

Kasi

I must say that my latest run of playing this wonderful game was AWESOME.  I have only played it twice counting last nights game and last night we actually were able to play through a whole session.  The paranoia was very intense and the game play was great, I will say that thanks to some good strategy on the part of the human players we were able to squeak out a win in the end, but just barely.  All resources were in the red by the end of the game and fuel was only at 1.  The Cylon player had not revealed himself but had done a pretty nice job of staying hidden and confounding our efforts.  Victory was ours however and this was just a most excellent gaming experience for everyone.

I have used this game at our School Boardgame club and the kids have loved it! One of them even came in on a charioty fancy dress day with some LEDs strapped to his head saying he "Wasn't a cylon!"

well, i will have my first round this saturday.....sooooooooo me and my friends are really a bit excited.

when i studied the manual, i can find a bad machanism or something like that. i also like the equipment of the game, nice work...well done.

so i will see, what this freaks of my friends will do on saturday because there are really bsg-nerds! :)

If you are a BSG freak, remember to add a bit of roleplaying

Several times we had this intereaction

Me as Gaeta(was Roslin, but did Gaeta as a supporting cast:

Gaeta: "We got multiple DRADIS contacts"

Admiral: "Set fleet in condition 1"

Starbuck "Lets frack some toasters"

No matter What we suggested the Starbuck Player, he was being insubordinate...

but always answered me, "madam president"

There is so much theme in this game, and the license is in NO WAY tacked on, or the game is not tacked on a BSG theme either...

this IS Battlestar Galactica - so say we all

...Idless

I've barely watched any episodes of BSG and the other people I've played with have watched none. Yet everyone likes this game. The basics of the "there's a traitor in our midst" game system are what really make the game. This system could easily be adapted for a spy-themed game or even the television show Lost.

UhOh said:

I've barely watched any episodes of BSG and the other people I've played with have watched none. Yet everyone likes this game. The basics of the "there's a traitor in our midst" game system are what really make the game. This system could easily be adapted for a spy-themed game or even the television show Lost.

This is probably the best board game I've played, but BSG is the best show I've ever seen. You and your friends should check out the mini-series and first season. It's worth it.

I am also guilty of roleplaying my characters.  I usually use the president and admiral titles whenever I talk to those players.  I also took a fine tipped pen and wrote the pilot's callsigns on the side of the vipers.  I used the 4 pilot characters plus Hotdog, Racetrack, Kat, and Chuckles.  It really adds another layer to the game.