Sign in to follow this  
cabala

Required Table Size :)

So I just have to ask this, but what size table do you guys use for the main game plus one or more of the big box expansions?

I have the main game and a small box expansion and some day down the road I would like to pick up a big box expansion or two, but I have no more table room! :(

lol, I may have to take it to the floor if I ever buy an expansion without a new table! 

Cabala

I almost feel sympathetic for you all. But then I remember that my group has two tables that fit all the expansions easily with room left over for our drinks and snacks to also be on the table. Not that we really do anything reckless such as setting food on the table at the same time that "Arkham Horror" is set up. That would be just silly.

Donut said:

I almost feel sympathetic for you all. But then I remember that my group has two tables that fit all the expansions easily with room left over for our drinks and snacks to also be on the table. Not that we really do anything reckless such as setting food on the table at the same time that "Arkham Horror" is set up. That would be just silly.

So what size total table space is needed to comfortably fit all expansions? (dimensions in cm if possible).

Back before Kingsport was even released, I acquired from Ikea a 90cm x 205 cm table (while the leaf is in).

Currently, I can place onto it Arkham and all three expansion boards, both halves of one of the large boxes (in which is sorted all of the encounter and item cards for the game), and I still have room for six investigators, the AO/herald/guardian, and the Mythos/Gate decks. It's a bit crowded, but bear in mind that I'm using EVERYTHING.

The tokens and monsters are kept in separate compartments, usually placed on a chair or a stool.

You get a table like this and you can host any Arkham game you want.

www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30116872

Drop down to the 2nd or 3rd size.

I bought a Mainstays 6 foot long centerfold table at Walmart for $39.00. I usually play with just one big board expansion with 4 investigators and I get everyting to fit on this table. I imagine if I wanted to play with everything I would just buy another table,put them side by side, put the boards in the middle and all the other stuff on the sides. I bought some green felt I spread over the table (like a table cloth, and fold up when I do not use it) which is easy on the eye as well as the cards.  If I am not playing a game the table easily folds in half and can be stored behind the door. The table also locks in position when it is opened and can be picked up and moved around if needed. It is also very light but sturdy, sort of a hard plastic with metal legs.

BTW I have the board almost even with one side of the table and that allows me to have all the location cards along the side of the board on the other side of the table and I act like the GM and draw, shuffle and read those cards. In addition I draw the Mythos and OW cards all on my side of the table, saves room and time. I bought some little 1/2 cup plastic containers ( I think they are for kid's lunchbox) to put all the tokens in and that saves some space.

I also bought 2 lamps about 6 foot tall that were only $8 each. You screw the base together. I put the daylight bulbs in them and put one on each end of the table. Easy to see, and since the light shines up there are very few shadows so you can read the cards. All in all not a bad set up for about $60 bucks total.

Have been wondering about this question too. My table is annoyingly circular, being a circle, and everybody keeps recommending rectangular or square table sizes. So does anybody have any actual measurements for the base game board and character cards etc.? I'll accept metric or imperial. Anybody?

Thanks!