Sign in to follow this  
gbierl

Anyone running Deathwatch online?

Lando and Enkill- Come to the meeting tomorrow!

The next meeting will be Wednesday October 27th 2010 at 20:00 GMT (15:00 EST, 14:00 CST, 12:00PST)

Add me to your friends on the Forum, get Skype and PM me your names on skype so I can add you. Or email me at tidomann (at) gmail.com

I'm looking to play a low tech Deathwatch game online.  Play by email or something.  I've looked at rpol.net, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of available space in games.  I don't have the tech or the schedule to allow me to do a real time game.  Anyone know where I can find a game?  I've been playing and running DH since it came out, and have run RT, but I'd really like to play some Deathwatch but my face to face gaming group is more interested in the first two 40Krpgs.  I'm a vet rpg player but a luddite when it comes to online tech, so all help is greatly appreciated!

Tidomann said:

Lando and Enkill- Come to the meeting tomorrow!

The next meeting will be Wednesday October 27th 2010 at 20:00 GMT (15:00 EST, 14:00 CST, 12:00PST)

Add me to your friends on the Forum, get Skype and PM me your names on skype so I can add you. Or email me at tidomann (at) gmail.com

I have classes on Mon/Weds so alas I can not attend at 3 pm est.  Also that's hard for folks working day shifts or looking for day shift work (like me).  I can meet after 7 pm EST most weeknights except Mon/Wed.

ak-73 said:

This form of gaming is not so much my cup of tea and I wouldn't want to make any commitments but I'd like to see some of your character sheets and if you got any stories to tell, feel free to post them in a dedicated topic.

Alex

Obsidian Portal was in discussion, for a campaign chronicle, however we will probably add a thread on these forums as well

Second meeting is beginning, anyone want to join?

Also Lando- this is just for the meeting. The actual game can occur weekends if those days are available. Would the time be alright if it were to occur on say- a saturday?

Ah, I'm at my university right now working on school work etc.  I could certainly game on the weekends after 7 pm EST.  I would even be willing to GM if you need a GM.  I have Skype on my home desktop and got OpenRPG on it too (I do all my gaming on it primarily).  So perhaps we could talk via email or here.

My skype name is landothearchmagi.  ;)

Tidomann said:

The problem with 7pm east is that some of our players are GMT, and in Germany. This is going to range around 8:00pm and 01:00am for playtimes for them @_@

I have folks in Europe and Japan play in my games all the time, but the time differences are pretty rough, just how it goes.  If they're serious and can make it work they play, if not then find a more GMT friendly game.  I am a full time graduate student, family man and am working on finding work being unemployed for 7 months so I can either do evening games or I could possibly swing a Sat afternoon game from time to time, but evenings are more likely to be ongoing (weekly or biweekly) basis.  I run a Rogue Trader game with some folks who play from England.  It has several openings at this point and I am introducing a Deathwatch npc at the moment.  So it might do some crossover in the future.

New Update

Style: Voice chat based (Skype)

Time Zone : GMT, EST

Players: Broutefoin, tkis, Tidomann

Characters: Lucien (Ultramarines Tactical), Brutus (Ultramarines Apothecary), Festus (Blood Angels Techmarine)

GM: Enkill

Campaign Management: Google Docs

Missions planned: Extraction (modified)

Additional software: open for discussion ( rptools , itabletop, dicelog)

House Rules: Medicae Limitations, Carry Limitations, Righteous Fury modifications (still in discussion)

Character creation: 30+3d10 discard lowest, free allocation of 9 values

Time and day: Wednesday 3.11. 20:00 GMT

PM me, Tidomann, Enkill or Broutefoin ( rather difficult in this forum software, you first have to add the person in question to your friend list)  if you want to know more, other then that, you could also join the session tomorrow as a guest, just to hear and see whether the playstyle suits you