Sign in to follow this  
gbierl

Anyone running Deathwatch online?

I am currently running a 6 player game online via open rpg, once this chapter of the campaign is over, if any players drop, I wouldn't mind picking up one or two.

I'm new to the gm chair so I'm not going to put myself up for that position. Mark me down as a player though, it would be nice to see deathwatch from the other side.

Problem is, everything stalls until we find a GM, sadly over the last years i always took that role, hence my wish to be a player for a change.

I am defintily interested in either playing in or running (if no one steps up first) a game.  I have the book, BUT no one i know would be intersested in a pen-paper game at this time, so it appears online is my only (and maybe better) solution.  I am Central Time USA.  I have a very flexible schedule and can more then likely make any day and time you specify. 

Technology is no problem, I don't care what Online Tabletop you use, or either Teamspeak or Skype... so just consider me eager and totally in on any game.  I have experience with roleplaying games, but haven't been able to play in any games due to my friends schedules and life conflict with doing that.

Feel free to contact me directly.  Thanks.

New Update

Please respond as quick as possible, in order to organize everything in time

Style: Voice chat based (Skype, TS, oder Tidomanns Ventrillo)

Time: GMT

Interested so far: captvaliant, Tarquin Faquar, tkis, Tidomann

GM: Alpha_Battlebrother

Missions planned: none yet

Additional software: open for discussion ( rptools is one possibility)

House Rules: open for discussion (i would prefer some carrying limits, but otherwise just the Core Rules RAW is fine for me)

Character creation: open for discussion (for simplicities sake i would suggest standard chapters only, and the points distribution method)

Time and day: open for discussion (i would suggest Wednesday 27.10. at  19:00 GMT (Europe), 14:00 CST (US) )

I will be avaliabe Monday if we want to arrange an online meetup to discuss all the logistics in scheduling.  I have access to a virtual tabletop application called iTableTop, and I believe I can have unlimited users connect to my game account that I would create (assuming I DM), all the players have to do is use IE 8 + install Silverlight when prompted, and then register for a account(free)... then I can invite you all to join my game.  It's platform independant, but it is more of a 'telemeeting' app but made specifically for RPGs and supports mics/webcams, etc.  So, software related I think it would work out fine, if I run the game.  i.e. you wouldn't have (hopefully) need to install anything or worry about getting 'frameworks' for RPTools made for the Death Watch mechanics.   

I did express interest in DM'ing, but I haven't gotten through all of the Death Watch rulebook yet.  That is going to take me several days, at the very least, so I woudn't expect me to have a first gaming session this week...

nkdotzip said:

I am currently running a 6 player game online via open rpg, once this chapter of the campaign is over, if any players drop, I wouldn't mind picking up one or two.

When do you run your game?  I run a Rogue Trader game on Thursday nights on OpenRPG and lately have had a few players not be reliable or out (so I got an opening or two).

i would be very interested in joining a game,

my schedule allows for any week day, any time of day, my time zone is (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), Canada :)

i have no issues with installing any required software either.

do need to buy a new webcam however, of at the very least, a mic, which shouldn't be a problem as of next week.

I would prefer being a player and not a GM, however, i would be glad to help out the GM (prep wise) in any i can.

Monday 25.10.  20:00 UST (please adjust for your time belt accordingly). For the preliminary meeting and discussion. Everybody fine with that ? I would suggest Skype as a plattform for the first meeting, please expand your friend lists here, in order to share your contact data via PMs, it is the only way this forum software would allow it.

For what it's worth, I run an online DW game using Skype. I usually GM, but I'm able to be a player as well. For those of us not on European timezones, I could take a few more players. I often use Vassal40k to handle the table-top aspect of things (I can provide download links). Let me know if anyone is interested.

tkis said:

Monday 25.10.  20:00 UTC (please adjust for your time belt accordingly). For the preliminary meeting and discussion. Everybody fine with that ? I would suggest Skype as a plattform for the first meeting, please expand your friend lists here, in order to share your contact data via PMs, it is the only way this forum software would allow it.

Sounds good for the meeting!

ferzberk said:

For what it's worth, I run an online DW game using Skype. I usually GM, but I'm able to be a player as well. For those of us not on European timezones, I could take a few more players. I often use Vassal40k to handle the table-top aspect of things (I can provide download links). Let me know if anyone is interested.

I had completely forgot about vassal 40k! I'll have to bring this up during the meeting. The only problem is that it does not have d100 dice rolling options.

ferzberk said:

Depending on when you play I might be interested, never heard of Vassal40k.  Drop me some info if you could.

Unfortunately -for me. I live in Japan so the times that work for everyone else, tend to not work for me. Otherwise I'd love to join you guys. 

I'm still reading through the book and fleshing out campaign ideas, but hopefully I will be starting up a game over on rpol.net. There are a few games there already, but they filled up almost instantly. I'll keep you guys updated as to when/if I get my game up and running.

So the first meeting is done. Tkis, Broutefoin, and myself all discussed a few things.

So far, everyone seems ultra cool, so you should all consider joining our group if your time zone allows it. We've talked about some of the systems and we're just all happy to be playing with any kind of dice roller. What the GM wants to do with combat, narrative play on whatever program is completely up to him/her.

Some things we've agreed on is probably limiting the Righteous Fury rules into exploding into a single d10 of additional damage rather than a full roll of weapon damage with all the modifiers.

As for medicae, the two big systems that most people are suggesting (First aid applied to wounds, wounds untreated cannot be further treated, or First aid up to a number of hitpoints = to the space marines maximum wounds) can be decided to GM's preference.

Basically- everything is GM's discretion. We want to keep an open play style so Alpha- or whoever else decides to GM can do it in his or her own style. We're just all happy to be playing. Any kind of rules that are vague or undecided can be discussed when they arise, or when the GM's broaches the topic.

Another topic comes to character creation. Point by, iron man, or forgiving dice are all up on the table.

So- if you're interested post in this topic, send Tkis, Broutefoin, or myself a PM and we'll try to get some more things organised closer to game day.

Also- feel free to toss me an email at Tidomann@gmail.com if you feel the forum just isn't as accommodating as you would like it to be for messaging!

The next meeting will be Wednesday 20:00 GMT (15:00 EST, 14:00 CST, 12:00PST)

This form of gaming is not so much my cup of tea and I wouldn't want to make any commitments but I'd like to see some of your character sheets and if you got any stories to tell, feel free to post them in a dedicated topic.

Alex

ak-73 said:

This form of gaming is not so much my cup of tea and I wouldn't want to make any commitments but I'd like to see some of your character sheets and if you got any stories to tell, feel free to post them in a dedicated topic.

Alex

I was thinking of creating a topic to update gameplay and just show the general direction of our game if everyone would be ok with it.