Sign in to follow this  
gbierl

Anyone running Deathwatch online?

A friend of mine might be running a play-by-email game soon, but I'd have to get in touch and see if he wants new players or not. As it stands, though, there's... three of us, excluding GM. I'd say the chances are 50/50.

tkis said:

I would love to join a game as a player, although i would definitely prefer voice chat over text variant.

Sounds pretty interesting. I'd be interested in a game as well.

I've yet to play in a Deathwatch game and have limited knowledge of Dark Heresey, but I am well versed in the 40k setting. I would love to find an online game to sink my teeth into.

So lets make it a bit more precise: Who is interested in a voice chat (TS, SKYPE, MUMBLE whatever) based game, geared towards european time zones GMT, CET and so on.

I have been considering running a Deathwatch game.  I will probably start with the 2 adventures: Final Sanction and Oblivions Edge (I am open to other adventure ideas to start with at least until The Emperor Protects comes out).  I have DM'ed D&D 4E for about a year but would be new to running Deathwatch.  I love the 40k novels and read a good number of them (mostly from Ultramarines and Grey knights series).  I would try and mix a good story, interesting characters, and exciting combat into the game. I am a firm believer that the GM and players are responsible for making an RPG a fun role playing experience and the game rules cannot force players or DM's to role play.

I need about 3 weeks to finish some stuff before I can work on this.  So I will put up a post in 3 weeks calling for gamers interested in playing.  I will probably use Maptools and Teamspeak 3.0 unless someone has a better suggestion.  I would want a minimum of 3 people and 6 max.

I would run this 1 night either every week or every other week (haven't decided yet).  Wed night works best for me from 8 pm to 11 pm Central time. Sundays are out for me (already play in a maptools D&D 4E game) and whichever day we play I can not really start before 8pm Central but I can play until about midnight.

Nick

Oddly, I've been running a game on Second Life, doing most of the heavy lifting for the players... they just have to tell me what they're doing and then roll a die. We use skype to communicate...

Lets recap:

Style: Voice chat based

Time: GMT, CET

Interested so far: captvaliant, Tarquin Faquar, tkis

GM: none yet

Missions planned: none yet

Additional software: open for discussion (at least some transparent dice rolling software would be nice)

House Rules: open for discussion (i would prefer some carrying limits, but otherwise just the Core Rules RAW is fine for me)

Character creation: open for discussion (for simplicities sake i would suggest standard chapters only)

Time and day: open for discussion (i would suggest Wednesday 20:00 GMT or 21:00 CET)

tkis,
I'm EST, but I have a pretty flexible schedule at the moment so I'd like to express my interest in playing. I do have a ventrilo server that we could probably use rather than skype- although skype works quite well. I know Maptools has been suggested has a dice rolling system in it.

Also 20:00pm GMT works fine for me. (3:00est for me, while 21:00pm CST will be 9:00pm est for me which will work aswell, more prone to 21:00pm CST).

Tidomann said:

tkis,
I'm EST, but I have a pretty flexible schedule at the moment so I'd like to express my interest in playing. I do have a ventrilo server that we could probably use rather than skype- although skype works quite well. I know Maptools has been suggested has a dice rolling system in it.

Also 20:00pm GMT works fine for me. (3:00est for me, while 21:00pm CST will be 9:00pm est for me which will work aswell, more prone to 21:00pm CST).

It is CET which is simply GMT+1 ;)

I love this forum software :)

So here we go again:

Style: Voice chat based (Skype, TS, oder Tidomanns Ventrillo

Time: GMT

Interested so far: captvaliant, Tarquin Faquar, tkis, Tidomann

GM: none yet

Missions planned: none yet

Additional software: open for discussion ( rptools is one possibility)

House Rules: open for discussion (i would prefer some carrying limits, but otherwise just the Core Rules RAW is fine for me)

Character creation: open for discussion (for simplicities sake i would suggest standard chapters only, and the points distribution method)

Time and day: open for discussion (i would suggest Wednesday 20:00 GMT)

KellionBane said:

I'm playing in a campaign on rpol.net... But its pretty slow moving in a play-by-post setting.

I also play on rpol.net.  It is a great way to play if you find a game that will last and has a decent posting rate....which is sometimes hard to find.