Sign in to follow this  
D4M0CLES

New DH rulebook print a v3.0?

Hi everyone!

So can someone confirm the new DH rulebook reprint would be a v3.0 errated.

There is so much rules errated in the current DH when we put it on par with RT n DW that we might consider buying a second book for our gaming group if its v3.0. Anyone know if it is?

So far they already printed an errated copy for the precedent errata, you guys think they will do the same with this reprint? Any official line on this?

thx

I would love a new Dark Heresy core book, especially one that updates to fit in better with Rogue Trader and Deathwatch, even if that meant a new "appendix" added to the back of the back with conversion notes, updates and references like the use to do with older games in the day when they errata'd them.

Unfortunately, I beleive Dark Heresy is now the forgotten child of the line and while it may get a few books over the next year, I think FFG will focus mainly on DW and RT (following the movements of lead designers like Ross from DH to RT to DW and Sam from DH to RT).

Peacekeeper_b said:

Unfortunately, I beleive Dark Heresy is now the forgotten child of the line and while it may get a few books over the next year, I think FFG will focus mainly on DW and RT (following the movements of lead designers like Ross from DH to RT to DW and Sam from DH to RT).

Forgotten child? This is the line up for the next year:

Blood of Martyrs

Apostasy Gambit (3 books)

Daemon Hunter

Book of Judgement

Only War

4 books + adventure trilogy is what every line is getting in the coming year. While I think it is a shame that they don't have time to make a revised DH core, you can hardly say they have lessened the support for Dark Heresy. I can say I am looking forward to the last 3 books, and curious to check out Blood of Martyrs.

deinol said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Forgotten child? This is the line up for the next year:

Blood of Martyrs

Apostasy Gambit (3 books)

Daemon Hunter

Book of Judgement

Only War

4 books + adventure trilogy is what every line is getting in the coming year. While I think it is a shame that they don't have time to make a revised DH core, you can hardly say they have lessened the support for Dark Heresy. I can say I am looking forward to the last 3 books, and curious to check out Blood of Martyrs.

Projected books do not equate final project. While I am ever so looking forward to Only War (and I mean really really looking forward to it) I have this faintest of suspicions that much of the material in many of these books will be lifts from DW/RT rules. For example, Only War will undoubtedly be a squad based military themed supplement, and will without a doubt (or at least most likely) lift and copy the cohesion and requisition rules from Death Watch and if the vehicles listed in the newest Knowledge is Power release is to be believed, and usable, then we will need an official Vehicle Rules section published in a Dark Heresy book, which would be in Only War or Book of Judgement (for cops and robbers car chases). So there you have approximately 20 pages or so of lifted material.

Then the obligatory 30+ pages of new guns, 20 pages of career ranks and background packages and a 20 page adventure, and wa-la you have a 96 page book.

If you add in the theory that we will see Ogryns (and with any luck Ratlings) you add another 20 pages, and considering the great wortk N0_1_h3r3 has already done in his fan made ratling/ogryn rules, and that he now wrotes for FFG, seems simple enough that while it may be revised, that work is largely out as well.

I am not bad mouting the company, or what has come out (though I would bad mouth Ascension if that was the goal of this thread). And while each line is slated for 4 books + 1 adventure trilogy, it would not surprise me if they focused on the 4 books and adventure trilogies for Deathwatch and Rogue Trader foremost and Dark Heresy as a second. Afterall, we should be getting Blood of Martyrs soon, but I doubt it.

Peacekeeper_b said:

I am not bad mouting the company, or what has come out (though I would bad mouth Ascension if that was the goal of this thread). And while each line is slated for 4 books + 1 adventure trilogy, it would not surprise me if they focused on the 4 books and adventure trilogies for Deathwatch and Rogue Trader foremost and Dark Heresy as a second. Afterall, we should be getting Blood of Martyrs soon, but I doubt it.

Each game has a distinct set of writers and is overseen by a dedicated individual. There's some overlap - Ross, Sam and Mack share an office, afterall, so collaboration is easy, but there are enough freelancers that none of the games are lacking for people to give them attention, and some of us have only worked on one game. I was lucky enough to meet with Ross and Sam recently, and I can say with complete honesty that there is no lack of passion for, or interest in, Dark Heresy.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Peacekeeper_b said:

Each game has a distinct set of writers and is overseen by a dedicated individual. There's some overlap - Ross, Sam and Mack share an office, afterall, so collaboration is easy, but there are enough freelancers that none of the games are lacking for people to give them attention, and some of us have only worked on one game. I was lucky enough to meet with Ross and Sam recently, and I can say with complete honesty that there is no lack of passion for, or interest in, Dark Heresy.

I hope so. I truly do. And your word is very reassuring to hear.

from france

"voila" and not wa-la. take it with a smile. it's not a attack.

i think that a 3.0 edition of dh should wait a litlle because it take time to adjust three games.

problems i  have with the current dh.

mechanisms of game more complicated than the other games.

ascension a book that should be remade.

tables of other stuff than weapons not present.

weapons who are too differents from their "equivalent counterpart" in rt for example.

and so on.

now back to my holidays.

I can certainly agree with 8 Spider that a 3.0 editted DH Rulebook might not be the only possibility on the table - a FFG take on DH, reflected in the changes they made for Rogue Trader and Deathwatch, could certainly be a great contender.

I'd rather they only do one of the two - if they do a 3.0 editted DH rulebook, I'll probably get it... if a new version of DH comes out 6 months later, I'll be fuming.

Well, Ross and Sam have, in previous interviews I've carried out with them for Dark Reign, said that there are no current plans for any sort of "new edition", and they're only working on this edition of Dark Heresy, hence the release schedule for the whole of 2011.

As N0-1 said though, FFG are still very active on new stuff for Dark Heresy, and Mack is extremely motivated on that front. I don't think DH could be in safer hands.

Just for the record, I would definitely be willing to buy a second DH Core Rulebook if it was updated with current errata. I doubt it will happen, but I just wanted to say I would love to see it.