Sign in to follow this  
dfoos

Does any one have any real info on the GM Set? What is happening with it and why is the only place I've seen it ebay for over $200.00 US.?

Well, I received mine last week from Amazon, they adjusted their shipping date forward and I bought it for 23 pounds excluding shipping. It's just like any other GM kit, a decent screen and a small booklet with adventure idea's and some NPC's, hardly made of gold, mermaid scales or unicorn horn dust...

Ignore the expensive ebay offer, I call shenannigans!

If you want it, just buy it through any local store or online through official ebay stores or the likes such as amazon.

No one seems to have it.  Also, 23 Pounds? It's listed as $19.99 here in the States which with exchange rate means it's quite a bit more expensive across the pond I guess. But since no one here seems to have it (it's listed as "back ordered" here everywhere I've been) I also guess price is irrelevant.

I'm somewhat baffled.  You can get the GM kit from Fantasy Flight.  If they are back ordered and your local game store can't get it, you might try Paizo.com which is where I got mine.

~hereticool

I got mine over a week ago. Ordered from Leisure Games in the UK.

It's an excellent screen IMO. Better quality by far than the original DH GM Screen I got. The booklet that comes with it is also very nice, not just because it's full colour but also because it has a good adventure, new stats for Kroot, feral/regressed Kroot and Vespid Stingwings, and you get to kill lots of Tau. gran_risa.gif

Well worth the price.

BYE

Cool, Thanks for all the great advice about where to find it. I probably should expand my area of searching to farther out than my own close neighborhood.

I'm wondering if there was maybe a glitch in shipping in some of ther bigger retailers and somehow someone found out and tried to make a quick profit. Like the guys who bought multiple copies of Space hulk and immediately put them up for $300.00 and up. I wouldn't pay more than MSRP for this but I can see how someone would try to take advantage of maybe rumors that it was already oop or pulled or something.

I'm hoping that Borders gets it in soon. I have a coupon and am a rewards member so 30% coupon plus 10% rewards plus member, I can wait a little if its going to eventually be there.

I thought maybe this was a known issue sort of thing and was checking to see if anyone else had had a shortage in their area.

Oh, and I do have to Core rule book, I am particulary interested in the starter adventure and new rules added. I understand that people have said there is some mistakes on the charts on the shield, so I was kinda hoping that they pulled it to fix that before I ended up buying it. But, I am mostly interested with the small (and I'm hoping) introductory level adventure and rules so I can ramp up to the full rules as my GMing is really rusty. I have a group of kids my son's age (18) who are willing to give it a try, but if I don't make it interesting I'm afraid it would turn them off and they'll just go back to their Xboxes. I have downloaded the other 2 intro adventures and rules from the site, and I plan to use those too to help me get the ball rolling as I slowly get into the "big book rules" and hopefully not get bogged down with the intimidation factor. I am the type of person who learns better from personal instruction rather than to pick up a huge rules book and just learn it by reading.

I know books-a-million was holding them until mid October. They have them in the warehouse, but they are not putting them out on the shelves. I got bored and asked the manager at my local store and he asked and found out what was going on with it.