Sign in to follow this  
Polaria

Collection of Custom Made Chapters

All links point to corresponding PDF documents in Google docs. Hope this helps inspiring GMs:

Oblators (all mine)

Dark Spectres (all mine)

Rainbow Warriors (fluff by Philip Sibbering, game-mechanics mine)

Space Sharks (fluff by Philip Sibbering, game-mechanics mine)

Marines Malevolent (text by Lightbringer, I just PDF:ed it)

Salamanders (everything by Drix)

Polaria said:

All links point to corresponding PDF documents in Google docs. Hope this helps inspiring GMs:

Oblators (all mine)

Dark Spectres (all mine)

Marines Malevolent (text by Lightbringer, I just PDF:ed it)

Salamanders (everything by Drix)

Drix here, hope you guys like the Salamander's chapter.

Another guy (who actually inspired me to do my own custom chapter) made the following

Scythe of the Emperor: javascript:void(0);/*1285359976933*/

and

Iron hands:javascript:void(0);/*1285359960544*/

These are excellent. I wish someone with more knowledge than me would do one for the Raven Guard and the Imperial Fists. I have player's who'd like to be from those chapters but I don't think I have the knowledge required to invent the needed additions.

You know, FFG, since you love your customers so much, and you were late getting the game to market, a great "we love our loyal players" present would be a free PDF detailing the other five first founding chapters as well as the other named chapters.

Just a thought.

Baradiel said:

You know, FFG, since you love your customers so much, and you were late getting the game to market, a great "we love our loyal players" present would be a free PDF detailing the other five first founding chapters as well as the other named chapters.

Just a thought.

I'll settle for this thread getting a sticky.

The Glen said:

The Rainbow Warriors from Rogue Trader were completely different, focused heavily on las weapons, homeworld was Prism.

Everytime I hear their name I chuckle inside. I know its immature, and their naming came before the great Rainbow marches and such (I think it did at any rate.). I just feel they should be renamed such that they do not get mistaken for...for well... Anyway, I have a friend who made up his own celtic army, heavily based off the Space Wolf codex, perhaps I could get the information from him on them and add them to this list. They are very much Irish and not norse, but the ultramarines and blood angels do not fit them as well as the space wolf codex does.

The Glen said:

The Rainbow Warriors from Rogue Trader were completely different, focused heavily on las weapons, homeworld was Prism.

Space Marines in Rogue Trader were completely different. They we more man than god, lasgun was almost as good as bolter (something like 20% of all marines used it instead of bolter), power armor was pretty much just a carapace with life support and so on. I think Philip Sibberings remake of Rainbow Warriors is pretty good "resurrection" for them.

Edsel62 said:

These are excellent. I wish someone with more knowledge than me would do one for the Raven Guard and the Imperial Fists. I have player's who'd like to be from those chapters but I don't think I have the knowledge required to invent the needed additions.

I'm working on the Imperial Fists, and I've got some ideas for the Raven Guard as well. As I'm between official projects at the moment, and these don't take too much in the way of word count, it hopefully won't take too long. I've got a pair of coach trips tomorrow, going to and from Games Day, so I can work on them then.

Yes, very good work all around. 

Let's not forget to add the Crimson Fists to the fray...

I really would love to get my rulebook soon, darn extending shipping delays to southwest Asia.

E

Howdy!

Black Shields-“Deathwatch for Life”
They arrive at the Deathwatch Watch Towers with their armor and their right shoulder pad painted black, and a hood concealing their helmet. They are the last of their chapters, sole brothers continuing the eternal fight against the zenos threat. Or they are lone brothers from the traitor legions that remain loyal to their oaths to the Emperor. They swear to spend their blood, and sweat fighting for the Deathwatch until death releases them from their shame. “We are not judged by the good we do, but by the evil we destroy!”
Starting Characteristics
+5 WS/BS/TO/WP, -5 FEL, and +2 Wounds
Starting Reknown- 0

Chapter Advances
400 Forbidden Lore (any) skill
800 Fearless talent
500 Hatred (any) talent
400 Frenzy talent
500 Paranoia talent
400 Hardy talent
800 Duty until Death talent

Chapter Ability
“Deathwatch for Life”- Black Shields can use squad mode abilities activated by other squad members as if they are from the same chapter as the activating member, while in squad mode.

Chapter Trappings
Black Shield Hood- +3 to Intimidate rolls

Chapter Psychic Powers
Pick Chapter psychic powers from another Chapter

Regarding the Rainbow Warriors, I actually did a Blood Angels successor chapter called the Chosen of the Sun based off the Aztecs.  Figured the Blood Angels would fit right in.

Major Schultz, I am digging what you have so far for the Black Shields.  I think FFG needs to expand on them.  I would totally play a Soul Drinker Black Shield....

i got a feeling their gonna apear in afuture suplement i am liking the idea of black sheilds and am making some home baked rules up for them and also my own chapter a heavily celtic based one thats when i get time with that bane of every gamers life  "work"

The name Rainbow Warriors comes from the Greenpeace ship of the same name sunk (read 'blown sky high') in 1985 by operatives from the French Intelligence service.  It's name came from the book Warriors of the Rainbow by William Willoya and Vinson Brown.

Howdy!

To clarify the Black Shields have no chapter solo or chapter squad abilities.

They are the ultimate team players cause they have nowhere else to go.

And work with the tactics and doctrine of the Deathwatch.

Scythes of the Emperor and Crimson Fists should have Righteous Zeal Solo Mode Ability, as the Black Templars do, though covering Tyranids and Orks respectively.

Ka-ching... .02

E

Polaria said:

I've added your links to my RW and SS pages ;)

BaronIveagh said:

The name Rainbow Warriors comes from the Greenpeace ship of the same name sunk (read 'blown sky high') in 1985 by operatives from the French Intelligence service.  It's name came from the book Warriors of the Rainbow by William Willoya and Vinson Brown.

Before that the name came from Hopi (Native American) prophecy (which the book refers to). Greenpeace took the name from the prophecy, and they seem to think they are the Rainbow Warriors; so it's not surprising that they named a ship after it. I'm surprised they do not called themselves 'Rainbow Warriors'.

The original prophecy is far richer resource to draw inspiration from than merely 'named after a ship'. It gives the Chapter a bit more gravitas.

Philip

Philip S said:

Polaria said:

I've added your links to my RW and SS pages ;)

Philip

Hope you liked the little additions to your fluff (background tables and such) I had to make in order to present a comprehensive, ready-made chapter rules. At least one of my players immeadeatly fell in love with Space Sharks and made a Space Shark Assault Marine :)