Sign in to follow this  
player359820

Ship costs in Into the Storm pages 166-168

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex said:

I am pretty sure the SP costs for these 3 vessels is incorrect. 31 SP for the Sovereign Venture? I will take 2 of those!

One for the errata I think. Cheapest Cruiser out there. Makes you wonder why its so cheap....

Aureus said:

I initially read that as "Carnifex check"...

Which made me think: a carnifex problem would make 31 much more reasonable, perhaps even a little expensive.  :P

Ditto, and much the same thought on the matter...

"Show me the Carnifex."

-=Brother Praetus=-

Don't go down to level 4 and below. That is where the Carnifex is.

"You've got a Carnifex on board? Are you insane!?"

Naw, He's fine. He doesn't eat much... well... much. We call him Rex.

"But... Wuh??? IT'S A CARNIFEX!"

Yeah... he's cute when he's mad. And he keeps the mutant population down. When you hear screaming and the ship shaking, then he's found a new group of lower level mutants.

"Why doesn't he come up and kill us all? That being WHAT THEY DO!?!"

Oh, we put up signs that say "Don't eat us." He's very polite and well read.

"..."

Ok, well... we gutted an entire level so that he can't climb up to the level above it... we're just praying that the grave plating never fails. Zero-G Carnifex doesn't sound fun. Although, we do try to send any enemy boarding actions to the lower hold. He's a good defensive team player.

Probably not a bad idea to run a Carfax check on it.

3049 years old, 347,280,504,577,290,669,23 miles on it, 22rd owner, lady driver, 48 collisions, shot at 2147 times, slight panel and running light damage, holds air inside most of the time.

MKX said:

Probably not a bad idea to run a Carfax check on it.

3049 years old, 347,280,504,577,290,669,23 miles on it, 22rd owner, lady driver, 48 collisions, shot at 2147 times, slight panel and running light damage, holds air inside most of the time.

"On the plus side the last owner had a Ork Mek Freebooter Sidekick. Evils Sunz Clan I think...Prow is painted a nice shade of Go Fasta Red. Last Owner swears that if the paintwork was suitably maintained it could outrun a privateer. Still not  instrested? Look I will throw a couple of furry squigdice and a sticker for the Aft decks with the words in High Gothic:

MEUS ALIUS TRABA EST A PLAGIARIUS IUGOLO

(My other ship is a planet killer)

Go on! Its a bargain!

You know... While I was joking about it... I think it would be fun to have a ship, of say cruiser size, with a built in infestation of some type. Something along the lines of inheriting a ship where some time back a carnifex got loss and the RT just never got rid of it. It's become status quo so much that the crew doesn't think anything of it now and you get the conversation above.

Or the ship was invaded by orks and now you've got an ork spore problem where they just occassionally get internal ork raids. *grin*

I wouldn't suggest putting anything in like a Gene Stealer infestation because that could spread and take over the ship... Well, at least not as starting equipment.

-

So let me get this straight. My grandfather, Erasmus Flavinius, Rogue Trader of the Flavinius Dynasty, not only let a Carnifex run wild in his lower holds... Who is named Rex and considered a pet by some. Somehow his Ork Mekboy cohort left his spores behind and we have an ork infestation... Which would go a long way to explain why I found a snotling IN MY BREAKFAST!

""But they are harmless. Kind of cute once you get used to them."

IN MY BREAKFAST!