Sign in to follow this  
Anathemus

Investigator Miniatures

Just like the topic says, I would LOVE to have investigator miniatures instead of the actual counters the game uses, Maybe a box with just the miniatures so the fans could buy it... I'm still dreaming about it.

What about you people? Would you buy it?

The big problem I see with that idea is that they are still bringing out new Investigators.  So if they bring out a box right now for the current investigators, then the next expansion set will either be more expensive to accomodate the new minis or will leave some investigators without a mini.  Not that the second option is necessarily a bad thing per se but ...

There are companies out on the web that sell miniatures that would be appropriate. Unfortunately, they are fairly spread out, meaning that you wont be able to get minis for all investigators in one place. Also, while some are of great quality, there are many that are just poor. It also takes a bit of digging to find ones that are appropriate in the midst of all the fantasy and war gaming minis. Good luck.

Eventually I intend to purchase some as well, and possibly sculpt some too.

While I would love the 3D representation of the investigators, I think they would compound the whole space issue of how to conveniently and efficiently store the contents of 3 full size boxes and 3 small boxes.

Now, if FFG were to offer a nice carry box (expansion-capable, of course), I'd buy that... and the minis too!

I'd wrap my greedy mitts on a set of Investigator Miniatures in a heartbeat. Prepainted, of course, as I couldn't stand having to paint them only to have them chip away through wear and tear. Yup, I'd spend my hard earned bucks on some cool minis.

Stenun's right, though. How they'd manage to keep up with the new investigators would be problematic.

ClockworkHorror said:

I'd wrap my greedy mitts on a set of Investigator Miniatures in a heartbeat. Prepainted, of course, as I couldn't stand having to paint them only to have them chip away through wear and tear. Yup, I'd spend my hard earned bucks on some cool minis.

Stenun's right, though. How they'd manage to keep up with the new investigators would be problematic.

Maybe a main pack for the base game and blisters for the expansions?

KixDSky said:

Maybe a main pack for the base game and blisters for the expansions?

Yeah, I suppose that would work. But is there enough demand for the minis to warrant that? I'm thinking it would be a Webstore exclusive if they were to decide to do it at all. Like the Bronzed WoWBG figures.

I was so surprised that FF decided to go w/ Mutant Chronicles as their big debut into minis games.  I would have thought that Arkham would have been a no brainer.  They would have had multiple markets built in right from the start, the base minis game it would be designed around, the AH board game and even Call of Cthulu RPG gamers.  I can tell you that I would love to have minis for the investigators and the uglies populating my AH board.  I really think they missed the boat on this one.  Part of the success for minis games is the flexibility for mulitple uses and this was a line that already had them.

TheGreenKnight0 said:

I was so surprised that FF decided to go w/ Mutant Chronicles as their big debut into minis games.  I would have thought that Arkham would have been a no brainer.  They would have had multiple markets built in right from the start, the base minis game it would be designed around, the AH board game and even Call of Cthulu RPG gamers.  I can tell you that I would love to have minis for the investigators and the uglies populating my AH board.  I really think they missed the boat on this one.  Part of the success for minis games is the flexibility for mulitple uses and this was a line that already had them.

Mutant Chronicles does, too. With the movie coming out, and the possibility of revitalizing the old RPG, it could open things up for FFG.

I think Arkham Miniatures would be the next big sinkhole for my wallet, though. We could always try and be a big Fan voice to have something like that happen.:)

Mutant C. Miniatures are very neat, Hopefully we get to see at least a box with the main investigators, maybe only the ones on the Arkham horror First release. About sculpting my own miniatures, would never work :(

I think I'd like to see simple soft plastic minis along the lines of Fury of Dracula or the games that Flying Frog puts out.  Simple representations that can be customized as players see fit.  Just my two cents.

While having a miniature adds more character to the game than your standard cardboard token in a plastic stand, I think that could get a little pricy after a while, especially if done for all of the expansions too. I'd rather save my $$ and invest in one of the expansions instead.

Candied investigators for the win!

Seriously though, while I am a massive fan of the miniatures for pretty much everything FFG makes, Arkham is one game where I think it's better to have the portrait. The asthetic of the game lends itself to the stylistic portrayal of the chars in their 'action shot' style poses - minis can lose this, especially if they aren't painted very well.

Minis painted to a high enough standard would work very well, but would cost a fortune and would need to be well protected - we're not talking Tannhauser quality here, we're talking pro-paint.

Weird as this might sound, I'm not overly for Investigator minis. I'm sure that they'd look great, but it'd serve as a stark contrast to the monster tokens and feel like components from another game had fallen onto the board. Also I really love the artwork as is happy.gif.

(Old lurker; now drawn out by shiny new forums)

Dammit, miniature freaks already "ruined" Talisman. Gimmie more adventurers for that instead of just 4 with minis. Thankfully, my AH collection is pretty much complete (only KH missing from the current expansions and no desire to buy that one), so wouldn't piss me off like the Talisman thing did. Guess I'm firmly in the "Hell NO" camp.

Playing Arkham for a few times i found that usually i was trying to count and recount how many gates were open and monsters.  I think that gate minis would be a great idea and speed up count for me.  Monsters would be to if they could have that many types.  I was thinking for the gates maybe just a raised tiny platform to make them stand out. Possibly something i can make??