Sign in to follow this  
Fal2

[RULES] - Grenades, packs and weapon range

Hey yall,

New rules are great. So far these are our play group's only points of confusion.

Do grenades still apply an automatic wound? How does this effect the Dynamite that the Union's heroine Tala can equip?

What rules do you use for pack loadout? Do you bring the characters special weapon and then make a custom pack? Do you only bring the special weapon if you chose a pre-made pack?

Finally, do you give the close-combat and automatic weapons no minimum range or do you say there must be one space in-between the attacker and the victim? The rules refer to these as ranged attacks and adjacent circles as melee attacks. We have been playing minimum of 1 space for all ranged weapons as not to completely screw over the Reich's hand-to-hand advantages.

Thanks! Looking forward to a reply.

Those are quite discussed topics :)

Grenades -
no, there are just rubble tokens and automatic attack successes. Advantage of dynamite is that it deals 5 automatic successes.

Loadout -
the fact that custom equip is not mentioned means that you HAVE to pick one of those packs. Only way to customise packs is to switch one token for bonus token. However, house rule for this shoudl'n be a proble. (dunno if it afects balance)

Weapon range -
yea no minimun range required and yea close combat is screwed. That's one of the flaws. Keep in mind that you can attack adjanced with melee even if you don't share path with the defender (in other words, you can attack through doors). I find this rule as a flaw to new rules. Stosstrupen insn't that great anymore.

Falco said:

Weapon range -
yea no minimun range required and yea close combat is screwed. That's one of the flaws. Keep in mind that you can attack adjanced with melee even if you don't share path with the defender (in other words, you can attack through doors). I find this rule as a flaw to new rules. Stosstrupen insn't that great anymore.

+1 on this one.

on the other hand i take back that stosstrupen suck, cause i played demon tain badly, the fact that you get +1 die for EACH melee weapon including demon taint is cool. Also i just got both Troop packs and Command equip is just too ultimate (also you can get third melee weapon for stosstrupen meaning 7 dice attack roll !!! ). However melee still sucks for others heroes (Yula is slightly weaker, Barry has knife in combat pack just for "througth door" attacks and overwatch, combat knife for Wolf is nice item to swap for some bonus, uh oh which one he can get? ee nevermind).

And for Troop pack, they are cool, a like the new pack, more miniatures and new items :). They put hole in my pocket thou :)