Sign in to follow this  
vader1671

How to play Orcs

I just got the Warhammer Invasion Core Set and was playing quite a few rounds with my friend. I was Orc and he was Dwarf

We played about a dozen rounds and we came up pretty even. When I win, it is usually a result of the orc rush. However, midgame I'm always resource/card starved. Should orcs use a round or two to develop the KZ/QZ before rushing like mad?

vader1671 said:

Should orcs use a round or two to develop the KZ/QZ before rushing like mad?

I guess the unsatisfying answer is "it depends".  With the core set, sure, you can get your rush on.  The problem is more that your buddy was playing the goddamn dwarves (GDDs) and they stick around like anything with their core set turtling abilities.  As far as being outresourced, that'll come with experience and game play, but again, the GDDs can get up to so many **** resources with the developments magnifying the effect of kingdom zone cards that you won't keep up with them.

Stillborn said:

Ahh 2 cost, corrupt unit +3 dmg.

why is that better than a standard choppa?

it costs 1 less, doesn't corrupt, and you can attack that turn (so it's like it does a bonus 5 dmg).

Well, let's say you go first, have Spider Riders and WLC. Can't attack anyways, so why not spend your 3 res on that combo? Assumes that rest of your hand doesn't have cheap stuff you want to play right now. In an DElf-Orc deck, or if splashing Chillwind, you can corrupt an opponent's unit then uncorrupt you Riders after playing WLC (of course, needs more than your default 3 res).

As I've told most of the local players around here. To play orcs, you just play everything you can afford in your hand and attack. I've rarely seen an orc deck that builds for very long before attacking as much as possible.

Got it, those spider riders are a cheap card, wow.

I need get my hands on that  expansion packs.

What beats an orc deck focus'd on that sort of a start?

Can't you start putting down 4-8 damge by the second turn consistantly?