Sign in to follow this  
Vorvadoss

Call of Cthulhu LCG online?

TheProfessor said:

And I am skeptical of Skype being an effective mechanism...  Too much typing of card language and location of things, etc.  I guess you could put the camera facing the table to show the card status, but that seems awkward to me?

That makes sense. Somehow I've become a really fast typist and I often forget that when talking to people online. I will say that CoC looks like it would be a LOT less difficult than the games I've played through IM before: UFS, the late Hecatomb which was basically MTG with five-sided cards...even the mighty L5R is less daunting to play this way than it would seem at first. Given the comparative simplicity of CoC's gameplay, I would really like to give this method* a try, if anyone is game for it. TCO does seem to be the more popular option right now, though. :)

*Just a note here: I hate Skype. The only reason I listed it next to the others is because it seems to be more popular among people who play games online. I would use this if it came down to that, however.

I'm waiting for their card update (newest AP is missing), then I'll give it a try too.

Since there are now regionals in Germany and I can't make to Amsterdam, I would love to play some rounds on TCO. Maybe some of the regionals participants want to practice? Just send me a pm.