Sign in to follow this  
Kaiohx

Deathwatch Collector's Edition Rollcall

Zamnil Blackaxe said:

Really? they can do that? it's been almost a whole day though, think I can still get them to edit it?

Yes, just reply to the email address that sent out your invoice.  Place the following information in the email:

Apocryphon Oath: [Name you want to Use]
Chapter: [Your Chapter Name]

Last I heard there were a lot of us that either forgot to put their information in or wanted to change what they initially put so they alot of requests they are sorting through right now.

But the sooner you send in the request the better. 

Good Luck Brother.

Ishmael Lok said:

Zamnil Blackaxe said:

Really? they can do that? it's been almost a whole day though, think I can still get them to edit it?

Yes, just reply to the email address that sent out your invoice.  Place the following information in the email:

Apocryphon Oath: [Name you want to Use]
Chapter: [Your Chapter Name]

Last I heard there were a lot of us that either forgot to put their information in or wanted to change what they initially put so they alot of requests they are sorting through right now.

But the sooner you send in the request the better. 

Good Luck Brother.

Ahh, many thanks my friend, I went into a rush finding an email address and so O sent my request to the sales dpt email on the announcement page for the CE pre orders. I'll send it in on the right address now.

Not sure if anyone is making a list of these names but please could you remove Wolf Brother Sven Tharsson of the Space Wolves from the list....

...just been hit with an unforseen payout and had to cancel my preorder to cover it...   real life sucks sometimes.

Space Monkey said:

Not sure if anyone is making a list of these names but please could you remove Wolf Brother Sven Tharsson of the Space Wolves from the list....

...just been hit with an unforseen payout and had to cancel my preorder to cover it...   real life sucks sometimes.

Hard luck, old boy :( hope things improve by the time of release.

MILLANDSON said:

Chaptermaster Metatron said:

Durus Quatinus Ferrum of the Guardian Angels.
Seconded to Deathwatch 994.M41. - Currently with the Legio B&C.
Proud to serve!

****... your guy came back in time! (Deathwatch is set around 820.M41).

Well, no. See, the Deathwatch is an institution of the Imperium of Man. An institution created by and subject to the Holy Imperial Inquisition. More to the point, they are the Chamber Militant of the the Ordo Xenos. - In this hallowed institution, only the best Adeptus Astartes Veterans from each Chapter are allowed to serve. Their mission: To hunt down and destroy the infestation of Xenos (and other menaces that threaten the divine rule of Man).

The origins of the Deathwatch is cloaked in mystery, but it is speculated that their existence reaches back all the way to the Horus Heresy, approximately 013.M30. This institution still does exist during The Time of Ending 999.M41 and beyond, in the current WH40k timeline. - So there are thousands of years of service to draw from.

I have no doubt some modules or even Campaigns in the RPG may be set at circa 820.M41, but that does not limit the timeline in which games of Deathwatch can be set, nor the time in which a Marine may serve with the Deathwatch.

MILLANDSON said:

Proud to serve!

****... your guy came back in time! (Deathwatch is set around 820.M41).

Well, no. See, the Deathwatch is an institution of the Imperium of Man. An institution created by and subject to the Holy Imperial Inquisition. More to the point, they are the Chamber Militant of the the Ordo Xenos. - In this hallowed institution, only the best Adeptus Astartes Veterans from each Chapter are allowed to serve. Their mission: To hunt down and destroy the infestation of Xenos (and other menaces that threaten the divine rule of Man).

The origins of the Deathwatch is cloaked in mystery, but it is speculated that their existence reaches back all the way to the Horus Heresy, approximately 013.M30. This institution still does exist during The Time of Ending 999.M41 and beyond, in the current WH40k timeline. - So there are thousands of years of service to draw from.

I have no doubt some modules or even Campaigns in the RPG may be set at circa 820.M41, but that does not limit the timeline in which games of Deathwatch can be set, nor the time in which a Marine may serve with the Deathwatch.

Don't be suprised if the document enclosed in the CE states 820.M41 then. Also, I don't think Mill was making the mistake you think he was making. The setting we are provided in the Deathwatch game is 820.M41, hence why we're not seeing necrons for the most part, and why there has been some discussion/complaints on the presences of tyranids.

Proud to serve!

I used your DIY chapter.... hope it is not offensive to have done so.

Looking through Phillip Sibbering's 1000 Space Marine Chapter Index, I noted the unique use of the T-Visor on the image used for your chapter. As I was primarily a Star Wars fanatic for most of my geekhod, I have a strong love for all things Mando. The T-Visor being one among said things. As I was thinking of what colour scheme would fit my character, my eyes came to rest on the Silver and Black of your legion, as well as the aforementioned T-Visor. And so it was settled and my Oath sent off.

But I have now begun to look through your Chapter information and find it to be a chapter I do not mind having a "characterization" from. So again hope it was not insulting in any way.

Alexis

*smiles*

KommissarK said:

Don't be suprised if the document enclosed in the CE states 820.M41 then. Also, I don't think Mill was making the mistake you think he was making. The setting we are provided in the Deathwatch game is 820.M41, hence why we're not seeing necrons for the most part, and why there has been some discussion/complaints on the presences of tyranids.

That's exactly what I meant. As for when the Deathwatch was set up, it was nowhere near the Horus Heresy, if the description of the origin of the Deathwatch which states (when the book refers to the current time being around 820.M41) "centuries ago" is correct. If it had been set up just after the Horus Heresy, it would have probably have said millennia. That would probably put the origin of the Deathwatch within a couple of millennia, so probably M38 onwards. Annoyingly, no set date is given, so we have nothing better than "centuries" for the age of the Deathwatch.

KommissarK said:

Don't be suprised if the document enclosed in the CE states 820.M41 then.
Also, I don't think Mill was making the mistake you think he was making. The setting we are
provided in the Deathwatch game is 820.M41, hence why we're not seeing necrons for the most part,
and why there has been some discussion/complaints on the presences of tyranids.

No, by all means, I do not think Millandson is making a mistake at all. Like I said I have no
doubt some modules or even Campaigns in the RPG may be set at circa 820.M41; but I also believe
the RPG rules to be flexible enough to set a Campaign at pretty much any time you desire.

I have had a look at the Apocryphal Oath in the high-res versions of FF's presentation of the Collector's Edition, and while I can read most of the document I have seen no year reference. It would be strange if there was one. Yet even if there is it doesn't really matter to me.

MILLANDSON said:

That's exactly what I meant. As for when the Deathwatch was set up, it was nowhere near the Horus
Heresy, if the description of the origin of the Deathwatch which states (when the book refers to
the current time being around 820.M41) "centuries ago" is correct. If it had been set up just
after the Horus Heresy, it would have probably have said millennia. That would probably put the
origin of the Deathwatch within a couple of millennia, so probably M38 onwards. Annoyingly, no
set date is given, so we have nothing better than "centuries" for the age of the Deathwatch.

Well, there is other source material that indicates the initial organization that ends up being
the Inquisition and the Deathwatch, was set up right after or during the Horus Heresy. This is
linked to Captain Garro of the pre-heresy Death Guard. But like everything else in 40k lore,
there are layer upon layers of history and contradictions to keep us from the truth. - And like
that old Inquisition maxim says: Everything you have been told is a lie!

Cailieg said:

Proud to serve!

I used your DIY chapter.... hope it is not offensive to have done so.

Looking through Phillip Sibbering's 1000 Space Marine Chapter Index, I noted the unique use of
the T-Visor on the image used for your chapter. As I was primarily a Star Wars fanatic for most
of my geekhod, I have a strong love for all things Mando. The T-Visor being one among said
things. As I was thinking of what colour scheme would fit my character, my eyes came to rest on
the Silver and Black of your legion, as well as the aforementioned T-Visor. And so it was settled
and my Oath sent off.

But I have now begun to look through your Chapter information and find it to be a chapter I do
not mind having a "characterization" from. So again hope it was not insulting in any way.

Alexis

*smiles*

No, I am honoured that you would choose the Guardian Angels!
The Guardian Angels and the Fighting Tigers of Veda are some of the oldest DIY's around and I have had other people look into using the Angels before, but also other people making short lasting DIY's by the same name; so when I saw your entry while reading through the list, I thought you had simply made your own DIY by that name.

Your character will be rolled into the list of honourable characters from among the Guardian Angels once I have the time to do so. - If you want to give me more detail, then feel free to send it to me via the e-mail form at the site.

Also, the theme you refer to is my redux theme, which I am currently working on making models for, so in images on the site you will not find this theme, but another one that is now put down to a historical era theme for the Chapter tied to a time of Inquisitorial service they underwent.

The new theme, which can be found in Phillip Sibbering's archives is much darker and well thought out than the old one. - I do have to say though, that while you may use silver if you wish, the colour is actually supposed to be a white pearlescent boardering on silver in the correct light.

In the background I have also been working on updating much of the Chapter's information, history and the news section, but the last few years I have been far to busy working on project's related to the Chapter, like the Nestir V Campaign and other Campaigns, as well as other projects like The Zalathras Commemoration Banner.

Again I am honoured that you would choose the Guardian Angels and hope that I can make you proud!

KommissarK said:

Bear in mind that the Deceiver was active at this point, so there's no doubt his Necron Lords would be awake as well. I can even imagine other Necron tombs being active at that point, although outside of Imperial space.

Generally, I'm under the impression that it is believed that Garro and the others might well have formed the basis of the Grey Knights, since they are from traitor legions, but failed to fall to Chaos, rather than the start of the Deathwatch (especially since the origin story of the Deathwatch states that it was formed through a pact between the Inquisition and several dozen Space Marine Chapters).

And of course the game is flexible enough to be set at times other than 820.M41. It's just that the entire setting in the book is set around it being around that date, with the Crusade being around 30 years old or so, like the Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader games, you can expect all material to come out to conform to that date, which will quite possibly mean no info or rules for creatures or races that only turn up after that time (so possibly no Necrons, since the Imperium doesn't report any contact with them until later in the 8th century of M41, though they might have had no reports because everyone died or they didn't know they were Necrons, of course).