Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiohx

Deathwatch Collector's Edition Rollcall

Recommended Posts

monsen said:

 

Inquisitor Sydorius here. Had to go with the same name as the other two CE's.

I just put Deathwatch as my chapter.

 

 

A rogue trading Deathwatch member Inquisitor, gets around this Sydorius doesnt he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brother Titanus of the Iron Hands.

 

Though in my haste I didn't see the instructions on how to customize it...I hope customer service will be able to relay my message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn my back for five minutes and the CE is released! My thinking went a little like this:-

"Ah, it's out! Right....how much....$199.95?!?! Aaargh!.... And with shipping.....$269!?!??! Arrrrrrrrgh!!..How much is that in proper money? £172?!??!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!! ... Well there's 2000 being released... So I could sleep on it, given that the standard book only costs £30...and that you're skint at the moment having blown all your money on fast women and loose cars... But then DH special edition sold out in one afternoon....and you missed the boat there...

....Oh hell.....

 

Sergeant Ramael of The Sunslayers, reporting for duty... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i finally quit all my dithering and put my order in

Brother Jonas Hanazrias of the Black Templars reporting for duty!

They're a popular Chapter, but they were my first 40K army, back before they even had a Codex of their own (I thought they'd be easy to paint, lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balls...

I just can't justify spending £175 on a book that is likely to just sit on my shelf and not be used when I'm living off a student loan and have a lot of other stuff that I need that money for...

God **** it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lightbringer said:

 

I turn my back for five minutes and the CE is released! My thinking went a little like this:-

"Ah, it's out! Right....how much....$199.95?!?! Aaargh!.... And with shipping.....$269!?!??! Arrrrrrrrgh!!..How much is that in proper money? £172?!??!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!! ... Well there's 2000 being released... So I could sleep on it, given that the standard book only costs £30...and that you're skint at the moment having blown all your money on fast women and loose cars... But then DH special edition sold out in one afternoon....and you missed the boat there...

....Oh hell.....

 

 

Sounds just like me (though proper money was euros in my case)

 

Brother Wouter of the Black Templars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MILLANDSON said:

Balls...

I just can't justify spending £175 on a book that is likely to just sit on my shelf and not be used when I'm living off a student loan and have a lot of other stuff that I need that money for...

God **** it...

 

That's why I am not ordering a CE either. Eventually it justs sits their on the shelf and collects dust.

 

Alex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ak-73 said:

MILLANDSON said:

 

Balls...

I just can't justify spending £175 on a book that is likely to just sit on my shelf and not be used when I'm living off a student loan and have a lot of other stuff that I need that money for...

God **** it...

 

 

 

That's why I am not ordering a CE either. Eventually it justs sits their on the shelf and collects dust.

 

Alex

 

Yes, but it collects dust while looking really cool.

 

Artemis Dilentia of the Ordo Malleus reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ak-73 said:

MILLANDSON said:

 

Balls...

I just can't justify spending £175 on a book that is likely to just sit on my shelf and not be used when I'm living off a student loan and have a lot of other stuff that I need that money for...

God **** it...

 

 

 

That's why I am not ordering a CE either. Eventually it justs sits their on the shelf and collects dust.

 

Alex

I have, for this reason, taken the brave step of deciding to use my collector's editions during play.  This includes my Rogue Trader CE and 8th edition WFB CE rulebook.  I shall do the same with my Death Watch CE.  I am careful as can be and I get to actually appreciate them and have them out for other people to admire them.

Also deducting the small price of not having to buy a 'normal' edition goes someway to justifying the eye watering cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MILLANDSON said:

Balls...

I just can't justify spending £175 on a book that is likely to just sit on my shelf and not be used when I'm living off a student loan and have a lot of other stuff that I need that money for...

God **** it...

but you would be saving a copy from possibly falling into the hands of a Heretic! I think its your duty to the Emperor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to write my chapter name and chosen Spess Mahreen name when I was ordering :D

But if I did remember it would be Battle Brother Astinosis of the Iron Snakes.

 

I can justify buying this because it's my 21st next month and I'd rather not just drink myself into a stupor and have my sister post the resulting pictures on her facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zamnil Blackaxe said:

Forgot to write my chapter name and chosen Spess Mahreen name when I was ordering :D

But if I did remember it would be Battle Brother Astinosis of the Iron Snakes.

 

I can justify buying this because it's my 21st next month and I'd rather not just drink myself into a stupor and have my sister post the resulting pictures on her facebook.

Send the sales staff an email requesting they update your order with your customized information.  I forgot too, and they updated mine within a couple of hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked Brother-Osvaldus Artorius of the Storm Wardens.

Hopefully I sent the  message in time to get the name appended. I was all click happy when it first showed up on the site and didn't quite read everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ishmael Lok said:

Zamnil Blackaxe said:

 

Forgot to write my chapter name and chosen Spess Mahreen name when I was ordering :D

But if I did remember it would be Battle Brother Astinosis of the Iron Snakes.

 

I can justify buying this because it's my 21st next month and I'd rather not just drink myself into a stupor and have my sister post the resulting pictures on her facebook.

 

 

Send the sales staff an email requesting they update your order with your customized information.  I forgot too, and they updated mine within a couple of hours. 

Really? they can do that? it's been almost a whole day though, think I can still get them to edit it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...