Sign in to follow this  
FFG Ross Watson

Deathwatch Collector's Edition is now on sale!

Cailieg said:

Wait KommisarK is that you Kai? As in Jackie and Kai?

^-^ This is Alexis, the Adeptus Mechanicus you met at SDCC this year if so. I did not dig my face makeup and so am ditching it next year. Also might upgrade that costume to a TechMarine. But I am also doing my Rogue Trader next year hopefully.

Alexis

*smiles*

Sorry, got the wrong guy, its for Klose.

I've mostly done a fairly poor commissar outfit(at least, I'm not satisfied with it, haven't had the chance to put more work in it since like 5 years ago). But I am considering eventually looking at what it takes for a space marine costume..

80% of my play time is at my house where i control the environment a bit more so I have decided to justify the cost of DW by actually using it, as I do RT CE and other CE.

Of course my son will then inherit a magnificent collection of CE  in the late 21st century and likely flog the whole lot on whatever version of e-bay is kicking around in 50 tears time. :)

MILLANDSON said:

Given that other CEs haven't included a PDF, I'd go with a likely "no". Also, FFG did say that the CE wouldn't be coming out until after the normal version had been released, so it should have come as no surprise that it would be a while before it was sent out.

I don't get buying a book, regardless of how expensive it is, and then never reading it though. What's the point of having the book then? You might as well just have the case of it on the shelf in that case preocupado.gif

I've no problem with the release being so long after the main book, but because this costs $100 dollars more than the RT book and I felt nervous enough about trying not to damage that...

I have read the DH and RT CE editions but as mentioned, they were at least cheaper. I tend to read where and when I can, having dinner, doing my teeth, slopped out on the sofa and inevitably books suffer as a result. God knows how I've not damaged the other books but it was very much a concious effort and my enjoyment of them suffered as a result.

I want this one to remain as intact as possible as well so its going to need a lot of looking after and would probably be easier to just leave on the shelf and read as a PDF on computer.

(I also bought a core DH book to read as spare the first time around, I cannot afford to do that this time)

Replicant253 said:

80% of my play time is at my house where i control the environment a bit more so I have decided to justify the cost of DW by actually using it, as I do RT CE and other CE.

Of course my son will then inherit a magnificent collection of CE  in the late 21st century and likely flog the whole lot on whatever version of e-bay is kicking around in 50 tears time. :)

Two words: Murphy's Law. :-)

Alex

I have my collectors edition on order. Fortunately I have enough credit at my FLGS (Friendly Local Gaming Store) from selling old gaming stuff that I can get a copy of the regular edition as soon as they can nab one for me.

I will use the CE when running or playing in games, much like I use the RT CE. It is a collectors piece, but I have had enough of those to realize that I'll either hang on to them forever, or if I decide to dispose of them in the future, it is because the popularity (and thus the value) has dwindled.

I'll likely read and digest the info from my copy, using it to learn the game, and probably pick up a .pdf to use while actually at the game table.

Or a big knife, to cut off the fingers of anyone but me who touches it. lol

Replicant253 said:

Perhaps the greatest Freudian slip in recent times.aplauso.gif

Hellebore

Artaxerxes said:

Just got the confirmation email from head office, shipping will be 8-10 weeks after the corebook is released to the wider world.

I've emailed him back asking about whether CE owners will be given a copy of the book in PDF form given the time difference between release and the unwillingness to damage such an expensive book by reading it.

I suggest others do the same.

I did. Got answer today:

"And we have no plan to send out pdfs of the book at this time.
Since all of our pdfs are handled by a different company,
DriveThruRPG, it makes giving away copies for free a little complicated."

Polaria said:

Artaxerxes said:

Just got the confirmation email from head office, shipping will be 8-10 weeks after the corebook is released to the wider world.

I've emailed him back asking about whether CE owners will be given a copy of the book in PDF form given the time difference between release and the unwillingness to damage such an expensive book by reading it.

I did. Got answer today:

Try to lobby DriveThruRPG personally.

Alex

MILLANDSON said:

ak-73 said:

Try to lobby DriveThruRPG personally.

And why would they give you a PDF, and lose money in the process, just because FFG (a separate company) made money off you?

Okay. The same one could ask why FFG should lose money in the process of giving out a free PDF though.

Alex

Polaria said:

Artaxerxes said:

I did. Got answer today:

Ah well, theres always 4chan I suppose... (No response to my email yet btw)

when people added a name and chapter did you get a confirmation email saying your order had been updated to add what you missed? i had a question and they let me know i forgot my chapter so i sent them one but i never got a response letting me know my order had been changed to add my chapter. just wondering if i should pester them again to see if my chapter had been added. it also dose not show up on my order from just my name right now. 

In my case I realized that I had not provided the name and chapter when I made my order. When I got my order confirmation I immediately replied with an email that included the name and chapter that I wanted. I quickly got a confirmation that my order was being amended with the new info. All of this (initial order, confirmation, my reply w/info, and amended order confirmation) occurred within a few hours on day one of ordering.

Yog Sothothery said:

when people added a name and chapter did you get a confirmation email saying your order had been updated to add what you missed? i had a question and they let me know i forgot my chapter so i sent them one but i never got a response letting me know my order had been changed to add my chapter. just wondering if i should pester them again to see if my chapter had been added. it also dose not show up on my order from just my name right now. 

I received a very quick response from FFG following my emails/inquiries.  My guess is that it would be a safe bet to them another note to be sure.

AJC

Artaxerxes said:

Has it been 6-8 weeks since release yet? What was the official release date?

Actually, it was said that the CE would be 8-10 weeks post release of the standard edition. So, we're looking at a December release. 

Interesting to note that the CE is still on sale.

Wilfred Owen said:

Actually, it was said that the CE would be 8-10 weeks post release of the standard edition. So, we're looking at a December release. 

Interesting to note that the CE is still on sale.

I just really, really hope it gets here before Christmas, since I ordered it as a gift for a friend.

Not too surprised it's still available though...it's a very expensive niche product that realistically can't even be used without risking damage.  Don't get me wrong, it's completely awesome, but I think a lot of the same market that would be interested in the book might be more inclined to spend that much money on Forge World miniatures and the like.

KommissarK said:

Its now listed as on the boat on the upcoming page.

I'm going to suspect it will move much faster, being there are fewer copies, etc.

I'll be expecting it by next week (I got next day air on it, so we'll see).

Unfortunately, like last time (Rogue Trader CE) it will take a few more weeks. I still think we're looking at a December release. However, I am suspicious that FFG didn't update the status as soon as the books got to the boat/plane. It may be ready to ship to stores/us.