Sign in to follow this  
Cobramax76

Setting up a total war campaign

Using the basis for the split between the Imperium and Mechanicus cult into an all out war.  Since the Emperor and omnissiah have nothing in common and its shown in old records that the Emperor didnt agree with any church and actively tried to curtail it in his time.  Im in process of setting up a campaign where the PCs recover archaeotech ( equipment and vehicles etc...) included with are ancient cogitators with the info the Emperor had kept on the Mechanicus and its attempts to withold knowledge and tech from the Imperium effectively creating the stranglehold they now have on tech..and his plans for dealing with them in typical fashion ( bolter at range and chainblade up close ) for the good of the Imperium in order to greatly enhance the tech level of his beloved Imperium and give him the might to crush all who opposed the rule of Mankind.....Now...being the good loyal radical inquisitorial team they are ( cough cough )  what dooooo they do...sworn to the emperors will...will they forswear their vow to the Emperor ( and what happens to the psyker who is soulbound to the emperor if so ...hmmm  i wonder..demonio.gif ) or will they forswear their vow to the Imperium as it is now and carry out the Emperors plans from so long ago ( and what do they do about the techpriests that know of the info as well...do the tech priests turn against their former brethren and tell the mechanicus...or do they side with the those who know the truth now from so long ago and set about to make things right....such delicious twists of fate and honor for the PCs to deal with ( Currently the PCs are a sanctioned psyker and techpriest ( played by the same guy ) a guardsman and assassin ( both played by another player ) a arbitrator , a scum , and 2 NPCs of my own..each with different reasons for being there and loyalties to be preyed upon and twisted by this new campaigns plots and subplots....The potential for so very many ethical and honorable dilemmas to test and temper my players metle <insert evil laugh here>  You can see each PCs basic loyalties will be tested by this split..especially so are the psykers and tech priests loyalties as to what they have / want / need to do and how to best go about doing whatever choice they make...

My question to my fellow GMs is this  what other subplot ideas and or pitfalls / tests / etc do you think might be interesting to throw in there for some randomness that wont necessarily derail the main plotline ( but perhaps shake it up a bit and see what falls loose in the process...hehehe )?  Ideas my friends?

@Kylen.  VERY true.  gui%C3%B1o.gif

Well, if your "good loyal radical Inquisitorial team" happens to be full of Isstvanians, then this will be right up their alley.  You couldn't ask for a more complete breakdown of the Empire of Man.  Everybody would be fighting everybody.  In a very short time, I expect there would be very little left of it ... certainly not as we know it now.  Of course, if that's what you are shooting for, well then ... gran_risa.gif