Sign in to follow this  
BloodAngelAzrael

Looking for online game... again...

Hey guys, I've recently been itching to play RT, and have never played before,                                                                                                                                              but have memorised most of the rules and have no RP group.

I'm looking for an online RP, preferably forum, and I would like to be plugged directly to the character signup,                                                                         because I can never seem to find the bloody game session.

I've done this before with DH, but never actually found the sessions that I would like, and those I did find weren't the kind of campaign I wanted.

Can you guys help me out?

~For the Emperor's Bloody Sake CAN I PLAY A GAME EMPEROR DAMMIT!

I've tryed RPOL, but couldn't find any games- well one, but it was pretty much the 'heretic game' and I didn't give a **** about it, I would've liked one a little more 'puritan' but there wasn't one I could find.

And the fact is that I'm looking for RT games now, PbP not chat program.

Thanks for the help. If anyone finds something, please post.

You know what they say - gebbars ban't ce soochers. Or something like that.

Maybe if you'd be less discriminating in the games you are looking for, you'd find something.

Or maybe I'll try to write something helpful, instead of cawkblocking. 

To kick off the search - are you in this "game" (a game hub, actually): rpol.net/game.cgi

Once there (once you've applied to that "game", if need be), try this thread: rpol.net/display.cgi

Post (preferably with a hint as to what kind of a game you are looking for, if you feel like being picky again), I'm sure other people will also express their interest, and - hopefully - someone will naively volunteer to GM. In fact, it so happens that I'd be interested in joining a RT game meslef. Or a DH one, for that matter.

What say you, sirrah?

I'll look into it.

The only reason I didn't want the 'Heretical' Game, is that I'm christian and am rather puritan myself.

The setting has a lot of catholic influence, but I'm protestant, so yeah.

Hopefully I can find one, thanks.

Von Todkopf said:

Doesn't look like there's a section of the forums dedicated to that sort of thing.

No useful infrastructure either (dice roller/ character sheet storage/ group management/ etc). 

You can always use invisiblecastle.com and/or the honor system.

Von Todkopf said:

It's an idea. Maybe slightly convoluted, but an idea.

If anyone volunteers to GM a game here, I'll gladly take them up on the offer. 

I could do it. I would do a fairly open game though (the players decide what to do and I decide why it isn't as easy as they think) so if people want a more mission based game someone else will have to do it. I could use a co-GM though as it's my first play-by-post GMing (I have GMed many normal roleplays but no play-by-post).

If someone else wishes to GM I would like to be a player though.

Okay, having given it more thought, here are a couple more things that will make PbPing difficult on these forums:

- no separate forums for a game: results in a long thread, one game thread lost among other threads - so anyone can butt in, just to troll or leave a nice un-immersive comment; furthermore - with a single thread it is difficult for the GM/players to reference earlier events, unless they keep a log of the pivotal events; once a thread becomes too long, you start a new one and the old one gets buried under other, ordinary threads. Last, but not least - what about the OOC thread? It's a rather vital tool.

- no private lines - so the participants can't conveniently leave a secret message for anyone, unless by PM, which on these forums are not exactly a pleasure to use

- no group management facility - if players get split and the GM wants to run the split groups simultaneously to create some sort of tension/ suspense, he can rely only on creating a separate thread (see above for the possible problems connected with no thread/forum management), trusting his players not to have a sneak peak on what the others are doing.

So there, not that I want to be negative, but if only for the proof of concept, I wanna be in! Truth be told, if FFG wanted people to RP here, they'd do something about it. As it is, I don't think it's a very feasible thing, because the forum would have to be redesigned (costs...) and for what? for who? maybe a bunch of people who'd use this new facility? 

If you still want to give it a shot, I suggest using the Fan Fiction sub-forum, as it seems to be slightly out-of-the-way, so the game doesn't get lost among other threads.

Cheers,

Must be a dry spell. I am also waiting for a DH/RT game to happen, but if nothing comes together soon, maybe I'll GM. Tho I have to warn any potential takers that I've usually got my hands in too many pies and the fear that the game might become defunct is the main thing holding me back.