Sign in to follow this  
dvang

Sneak Peek at Signs of Faith (long + pics)

********SPOILER******

About Liber Infectus...how good is the adventure presented here?

can someone give an idea of what kind of adventure is it (investigation? combat oriented?cultists?)? whic rank PCs are supposed to be? what kind of enemies are in?How many session it can take on average? where is located? have it any connection to other 3ed adventures? there are pregen PC?

I ask this because i'm really unsure if to invest on a more articulated adventure like "edge of night" or go whit this nurgle / priests stuff and support it whit old material, like "sing for ur supper" (if i remember correctly). Nurglin sausages anyone??!

Oh man, I'm anticipating this so much. The wait is eating away from me slowly! (rather topically)

The Signs of Faith item in the Upcoming page was updated today, but it's still listed as "On the Boat"... totally envious of those that got it at Gen Con :<

There are quite a few things I'm eager to learn about. Do diseases get progressively worse on their own? Or does the PC have to "fall into the sewer" or an equivalent to worsen the disease? What of the rules regarding the Disease spreading to fellow PCs?

Conversely, I'm interested to see the rules on healing/removing diseases. Are they removed though resilience checks? By rest? Do you need specific bews to cure specific diseases? (I doubt it, but it may be interesting :P)

I'm also really curious to the rules and effects surrounding Nurgle's Rot. A potential death sentence for PCs if they happen to catch it!

Gah, so much I wan't to know!

Draig said:

Many thanks for the preview. I just want this one out in the Uk, pronto! Any chance of finding out the Talent sockets for the Witch Hunter Captain and / or details on the Seal of Sigmar?

One each of Reputation, Focus and Tactics.

The Seal IIRC adds a Fortune to resisting corruption and if you spend a fortune point to add to a roll to resist corruption you instead add an Expertise dice.

LukeZZ said:

Please Hidaowin how has been addressed  the healing "spamming" problem?

GM's job gran_risa.gif

To keep it simple, i roughly allow one 1st Aid check once per PC per day in Story Mode (the character can still receive care with overnight rest to help the Resilience check, 1st Aid and/or Medicine, even Longterm care for full 24h assisted rest).

If an encounter occurs, there is one 1st Aid check allowed per Rally Step (# depending on the length / depth of the encounter) but a player won't be able to receive more than one successfull attempt per act (without playing a simulationist approach, i tried to dodge the spamming problem). It is also possible to heal during a fight (act, between Rally steps), but i put in Misfortune dice and won't allow multiple successfull tries on the same character. Tending wounds and changing bandages will get you so far, you still need time to heal up.

Would someone who happened to snag a copy be so kind as to elaborate on the 'optional skills' portion of the cults.  I'm playing a Sigmarite and was hoping to pick up weapon skill, but am unsure on how its handled (do we lose a skill to gain one, or is it just bonus?).  I'm definitely picking up my copy soon as I can, but would like to use/plan my advances probably before its out.

shinma said:

Would someone who happened to snag a copy be so kind as to elaborate on the 'optional skills' portion of the cults.  I'm playing a Sigmarite and was hoping to pick up weapon skill, but am unsure on how its handled (do we lose a skill to gain one, or is it just bonus?).  I'm definitely picking up my copy soon as I can, but would like to use/plan my advances probably before its out.

There is an entry in the Cult hierarchy about Warrior Priest, maybe there is a clue in here.

Any way, i have the same question for a player in my group (Sigmar Initiate). If i had to house rule it, i'd pick a skill out of the list to put in Weapon Skill. But only on the second or 3rd Career and joining a warrior type wing of the Church of course. The lack of St/Tou in the Career Attributes and other combat oriented skills won't take too much off of the "full warrior" types roles.

The cult skills are an optional rule that a GM can allow a character train skills related to the cult as career skills. In Sigmar's case its Discipline and Weapon Skill. They also apply to all careers in the priest path including Initiate and Discipline.

Hidaowin said:

The cult skills are an optional rule that a GM can allow a character train skills related to the cult as career skills. In Sigmar's case its Discipline and Weapon Skill. They also apply to all careers in the priest path including Initiate and Discipline.

You are win ser.  Thank you so much.

Yes, it looks like we are going to see this product in december in Europe, according to many stores that have it in pre-order.

Signs of Faith is "on the boat" with the update 10/5/2010 so it looks like it's going to be on this boat for very long time. I would say maybe we will see it in november, and that's a optymistic version. I think we will see sooner the Guides & Vaults products. gui%C3%B1o.gif 

That's funny but this could be true. Becouse  according to my FLGS in november we will see all the Vaults plus Players Guide and Game Master's Gude. And in december we will have Signs of Faith and Creature Guide. So the end of this year will be a very hot time for WFRP. gran_risa.gif

ffgfan said:

Signs of Faith is "on the boat" with the update 10/5/2010 so it looks like it's going to be on this boat for very long time. I would say maybe we will see it in november, and that's a optymistic version. I think we will see sooner the Guides & Vaults products. gui%C3%B1o.gif 

SoF has been on the boat for about 5 weeks now, so it could start shipping this or next week.

Doc, the Weasel said:

ffgfan said:

SoF has been on the boat for about 5 weeks now, so it could start shipping this or next week.

And voila! It is shipping right now.

*does happy dance*

I was getting really bumbed out by the rumours that it would only see a December release. So glad to see it FINALLY made it over to the "Shipping" phase!

So, let's see...10 days for it to get into stock... about four days for site I ordered it from to process my order... two weeks for international shipping... I'll have it at the start of November! :D

Signs of Faith is shipping now, wow so it's only 10 days until it  hits the store. Wow, so maybe Europe will not have to wait until december. Thanks to FFG! I hope Jay will give us now some more info, news Designers Dairy and a official announcment of Guides & Vaults products.

Doc, the Weasel said:

If anyone who has the set already is still reading this thread ...

What talent slots does the Investigator have? 

One focus and one reputation slot

Ok, so it looks like we are going to have Signs of Faith in a week or two in stores. That's great becouse I can't wait for Nurgle minions and my players for some new priest characters. After there sudden death in the last adventure, two many critical wounds, they want to play as a religious character for some change.

Ok, but I got another question, why in the upcoming section there is not a word about the coming products like Guides & Vaults? Acording to my store there are going to be avaliable in november, so why there are not on the boat not even at the printer? Can someone explain that to me?

Doc, the Weasel said:

Nice new look for you.

I actually did a double take on dvang's new avatar with a moment of 'AAAAA ITS NOT CTHULHU'

Also:

Guides/Vaults may be delayed? Albeit we did get some previews.  Until we get official word though, its all speculation.

(or possibly they pulled them to rework the organization/layout of some stuff).