Sign in to follow this  
Deadline247

I've got "Into the Storm"...any questions?

Chapters:

1. Advanced Origins (includes 6 new home worlds and lots more)

2. Koronus Careers (2 alien careers + 15 or so alternate ranks)

3. Extended Armoury (what you'd expect)

4. Starships Expanded (new hulls, ship background packages, upgrades, etc.)

5. Vehicles (ground vehicle rules, aerial combat rules, and lots of new toys to drive and fly in)

6. Expanded Psychic Powers (new Navi and Astropath powers, Theosophamy, Astropathic choirs)

7. Enhanced Game Mechanics (social interaction challenges, meta and background endeavours, expanded acquisition rules, etc.)

8. Port Wander (lots of great detail about this location)

Sounds like a great deal of interesting stuff in there. We all knew about the aliens and the vehicle rules set. Good to see that we get some extra shiptypes and I also like the fact that we got a gazateer about Port Wander. Expanded rules for Aquisition is also a welcome addition and some surprise stuff as well. Interesting.

Oooh! Good to see TS Luikart's baby is in there. (Theosophamy was something he used to taunt people with as an uber-psychic technique set)

also interested in the new hulls.

Deadline247 said:

One of the chapters I worked on - I'm particularly proud of the new Lineage row for the Origin Path, as that was all my idea.

Deadline247 said:

2. Koronus Careers (2 alien careers + 15 or so alternate ranks)

The other chapter I worked on - as you probably all know, I wrote the Ork Freebooter rules - but I did a few of the Alternate Ranks (both Ork ones, and three of the others), and all the Elite Advances section as well.

When is it coming out on the market? Does anyone know? Anyways, what are the new Navi powers and how they compared to that of the originals. Did they incorporate the errata for both Psi and Nav powers, seeing how that's what took up more than half the errata.

The alternate ranks, what careers are they for and what rank? It'd be annoying to get the book only to find out there's a really awesome alternate rank I could have taken if I'd held off spending XP for two sessions or so.

Manyfist said:

When is it coming out on the market? Does anyone know?

About the same time as Deathwatch, so the end of August/beginning of September.

Also, how does the book look? Sadly I only get to see the contents whilst testing, not the art.

Still, I'm also available to answer questions if people have them.

N0-1_H3r3 said:

Deadline247 said:

One of the chapters I worked on - I'm particularly proud of the new Lineage row for the Origin Path, as that was all my idea.

Could you tell us more about those lineages.

Santiago said:

What type of new hulls are in there?

Transports (Loki-class Q-ship)

Orion-Class Star Clipper

Raiders (Cobra-class Destroyer)

Frigates (Firestorm-class Frigate)

Light Cruisers (Secutor-class monitor cruiser; Lathe-class monitor cruiser)

Cruisers (Tyrant-class cruiser)

Bilateralrope said:

What is Theosophamy ?

From the book, "The psychic discipline of Theosophamy is a rare and esoteric art that focuses, and concentrates upon, the manipulation of the Warp and its interaction on the real universe. The discipline is focues more upon ritual and control instead of unleashing the raw power of the Warp, as it is primarily used to disrupt or seal breaches in the barrier between the real world an dthe empyrean, as opposed to simply opening them and directing that power."

TorogTarkdacil said:

Can you list the new home worlds and alternate career ranks (the latter with short description preferably) please? And which expanded rules could be used in Dark Heresy in your opinion?

P.S.: Lucky man!:P

NEW HOME WORLDS: Frontier World, Footfallen (i.e., you grew up in the Koronus Expanse...not necessarily Footfall); Fortress World; Battlefleet; Penal World; Child of Dynasty (i.e., similar to Noble born, but heavily flavored by your specific RT dynasty).

NEW CAREER RANKS: Acquisitionist, Augmenticist, Calixian Privateer, Drusian Adherent, Flight Marshal, Genetor, Gland Warrior, Kroot Shaper, Legendof the Expanse, Navis Scion, Ork Kommando, Ork Mekboy, Transubstantial Initiate, Torchbearer, Xenographer)

NEW BIRTHRIGHT OPTIONS: Fringe Survivor (Survivalist, Heretek, or Pit-fighter); Unnatural Origin (Contaminated Environs, False-Man, or Tainted by the Warp); In Service to the Throne (Tithed, Born to Lead, One Amongst Billions)

NEW LURE OF THE VOID OPTIONS: Crusade (Call to War, Chasing the Enemy, or Warrior); Hunter (Bounty Hunter, Xenos Hunter, or Hunted), and New Horizons (Seeker of the Truth, Xeno-Arcanist, or Archeotechnologist)

NEW TRIALS AND TRAVAILS OPTIONS: Darkness (Forbidden Knowledge, Warp Incursion, or Dark Secret), A Product of Upbringing (New Blood, Rivals, or Decadent), and Lost Worlds (Lost Dynasty, Rogue Planet, or Beyond the Pale)

NEW MOTIVATION OPTIONS: Devotion (Creed, Duty, or Loyalty), Knowledge (Knowledge is Life/Life is Knowledge, Know They Foe, or Knowledge is Power/Guard it Well), Fear (Enemy in Ascendance, Haunted by thy own Sins, or Tormented by the Unspeakable), and Exhilaration (New Horizons, The Thrill of War, and No Joy Unexplored).

Deadline247 said:

TorogTarkdacil said:

Can you list the new home worlds and alternate career ranks (the latter with short description preferably) please? And which expanded rules could be used in Dark Heresy in your opinion?

P.S.: Lucky man!:P

NEW HOME WORLDS: Frontier World, Footfallen (i.e., you grew up in the Koronus Expanse...not necessarily Footfall); Fortress World; Battlefleet; Penal World; Child of Dynasty (i.e., similar to Noble born, but heavily flavored by your specific RT dynasty).

NEW CAREER RANKS: Acquisitionist, Augmenticist, Calixian Privateer, Drusian Adherent, Flight Marshal, Genetor, Gland Warrior, Kroot Shaper, Legendof the Expanse, Navis Scion, Ork Kommando, Ork Mekboy, Transubstantial Initiate, Torchbearer, Xenographer)

Sweet ninja raptor monkey Jesus! Great thanks, I was already thinking about using home worlds from ItS in Dark Heresy (using Deathworlder from RT rulebook works fine), but now I got intrested into the alternate career ranks. You have the book, what do you think, would it be possible to have Guardsmen taking Gland Warrior rank or Cleric being Drusian Adherent? How much rules-tweaking will it need?

Deadline247 said:

Santiago said:

Orion-Class Star Clipper

Interesting: but the Tyrant is just another configuration of a Lunar, and the Firestorm most people worked out from the Core Book. 

The others look interesting.  I've been wanting to see a Lathe class cruiser since its cameo in the intro in the preview adventure.  I think there are a dozen cobra designs atm, but it will be nice to see an offical one, and the Q ship sounds promising.

Leogun_91 said:

Could you tell us more about those lineages.

Basically, it's a whole new row for the Origin Path that represents the character having come from some auspicious or inauspicious lineage. Because it's extra, each one costs XP to take, but they provide a variety of themed benefits, from wealth to contacts, to a paranoid disposition or forbidden knowledge.

Deadline247 said:

Genetor was an interesting one to work out, creating a very different kind of Explorator, who favours altered flesh over steel. Legend of the Expanse was just fun to write - a way to really represent an experienced character's power and prestige... and the two Ork ones were written alongside the Freebooter rules.

Now you can understand why I love my job as a playtester happy.gif Being involved in tweaking and balancing this stuff, and even having suggestions I've made used, so that you guys get a better book for it is an awesome experience! gran_risa.gif

The extra Character Creation options allow for a hell of a lot more variety, though they were a right pain in the arse to balance so that no one option was better than another without a suitable negative aspect to it. Hope you enjoy them all! happy.gif

BaronIveagh said:

Deadline247 said:

Santiago said:

Orion-Class Star Clipper

Interesting: but the Tyrant is just another configuration of a Lunar, and the Firestorm most people worked out from the Core Book. 

Well, yes, in the most general of sense, the Tyrant is pretty much a Lunar with a different arms load out.  The same can pretty much be said of any ship when compared to another of its class.

However, there seemed to be some significant discrepancies with the sample Firestorm presented in the book, and an official write-up would be nice.  I particularly hope they fixed its stats to be more representative of its profile in BFG, such as its turret rating being a 2, rather than a 1.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Brother Praetus said:

BaronIveagh said:

Well, yes, in the most general of sense, the Tyrant is pretty much a Lunar with a different arms load out.  The same can pretty much be said of any ship when compared to another of its class.

However, there seemed to be some significant discrepancies with the sample Firestorm presented in the book, and an official write-up would be nice.  I particularly hope they fixed its stats to be more representative of its profile in BFG, such as its turret rating being a 2, rather than a 1.

-=Brother Praetus=-

Firestorm's turret rating is still 1 in this book.

Deadline247 said:

Firestorm's turret rating is still 1 in this book.

You, sir, spread a heresy most foul!!!

Well, I see I'll not be quite as pleased as I had hoped.  I am sure there are things within that shall take the edge off of the sting of having my small glimmer of hope soiled and sodden.  As to questions;

1. Anything new in the Enginarium department for star ships?
  2. What sort of scale are we looking at in regard to the Orion-class Star Clipper?

Thank you in advance.

-=Brother Praetus=-