Sign in to follow this  
Shadowspawn2

Why Black Fire Pass?

Knowing Old World history pretty well, I understand the importance of Black Fire Pass and why an adventure there could be interesting, but what about actually detailing Karak Azgarz since it is considered part of the Reikland default setting for WFRP3? A product about that city bundled with an adventure and some new careers could have helped expand the default setting, something that is sorely missing so far. 

Am I off base here?

Thanks,

SS

I agree, why Black Fire Pass? To me it seemed there was a big precedence set in 3rd edition to start with a relatively small yet highly populated and import area of the Empire, the Reikland, and expand from there. The first two full adventures sets (The Edge of Night and The Gathering Storm), plus the original demo (A Day Late, A Shilling Short) and the two supplemental adventures (Eye for an Eye and Winds of Change) are all set in the Reikland. Furthermore the Core Set is geared toward characters from the Reikland, hence the only humans we have are Reiklanders. It seemed that since they made Karak Azgaraz to fit in the Riekland they would use it when a supplement came out for Dwarves. But now they are jumping to Marienburg (for the Witch's Song) and Black Fire Pass. I'm not complaining per say, but I do understand your point. I love this game though and I'm still very excited that there is going to be a Dwarf supplement and if they want it to be set Black Fire Pass then so be it. I'm sure that it will have some information on Karak Azgaraz regardless of the title and I guess they felt it was a better place to showcase because of its historical importance and geographical significance as an entrance into the Empire. Although I think it would have been cool to have a Karak Azgaraz supplement for Dwarfs and a Black Fire Pass supplement for Greenskins.