Sign in to follow this  
Darq

New Announcement - Deathwatch CE to be Displayed at Gen Con!

Just means that they aren't sure how many people will want to buy it so they haven't produced any copies  yet so they can judge reaction and then get an idea from the pre-orders.

Clever in a " lets not spend any money we don't have to spend " way but means we have to wait awhile.

Oh well it will be worth the wait happy.gif.

Those of us who love the concept of Deathwatch, own complete Deathwatch armies for 40K, and have been waiting for this RPG since it was first hinted at when Black Industries still existed will have trouble waiting.

That would be me. gui%C3%B1o.gif

BYE

I for one hope they dont realese the CE until they have put out the errata.  Nothing quite like spending double on a book thats incorrect.  Having said that Im still gonna buy both versions of the book.  I have the RT CE and love it and am still pissed I got up to late to get the DH CE.

Even if they have a errata (will probably be a couple of months until that's done), chances are the actual rulebook in the CE will be the same as the normal one. It's not usually until 2nd/3rd printings that any errata might be added. Sorry, but that's kinda how RPGs work. They'd need to rejig all the layout if they added in stuff from an errata.

I don't care if it takes a couple of years to release th CE, I would still prefer it to be accurate.  But, as I already said I'm gonna buy it regardless.

Buddah, you win the awesome award for the weekend. These are the first and only pics I have seen of this.

I have to say I am impressed. I wasn't sure what they were going to do to keep it similar to the DH and RT CE's with the letters. It seems to be a recruitment letter which seems appropriate.

I can also hear my wallet complaining already.

schmic1977 said:

The official pictures are up:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Pretty.  So, some speculation that the case is resin; though one commenter stated they were at GenCon and the case was metal.  We will see, so long as it's not crushable cardboard.  I've never replaced my Rogue Trader box, because I never intend to open my CE; which would have had to happen to photograph the damage clearly.

Still, I am definitely looking forward to scooping one up.

-=Brother Praetus=-

I'm just wondering about the cost, as that looks a lot more expensive than the RT CE. If it is, it's a shame, as I'd have the £100 to pay for it if it was only that much, but I'm expecting it to easily be about $200, not even including the insane postage costs to the UK or the import taxes I'd have to pay.

It is incredibly pretty, but $200 might be a bridge too far for me...especially when I worked out (using my chart of all forthcoming relases) that I'll be spending about $700+ on FFG products over the next year or so, as I plan to buy every book! We'll see how I feel....Hmmm, I am SO tempted, though...

I have to say that it is by far the most beautiful LOOKING product ever produced by FFG/GW. sorpresa.gifI don't own the DH collector's edition, but I do own the Rogue Trader one, and it is much nicer looking than that. My problem is that my hollow volcano lair uses UK postage, so if the book IS priced at $200 it'll probably cost at least £175-£200 by the time it gets over to me. preocupado.gif  Dilemma time...

It also appears to have some sort of certificate within it...any idea what this is? The RT CE had a warrant of trade with a hand-scribed, fan chosen name on it. The DH CE had a similar document with a non-fan chosen Inquisitor's name on it. I wonder how FFG will approach the issue of making each DW CE unique?

Lightbringer said:

It is incredibly pretty, but $200 might be a bridge too far for me...especially when I worked out (using my chart of all forthcoming relases) that I'll be spending about $700+ on FFG products over the next year or so, as I plan to buy every book! We'll see how I feel....Hmmm, I am SO tempted, though...

I have to say that it is by far the most beautiful LOOKING product ever produced by FFG/GW. sorpresa.gifI don't own the DH collector's edition, but I do own the Rogue Trader one, and it is much nicer looking than that. My problem is that my hollow volcano lair uses UK postage, so if the book IS priced at $200 it'll probably cost at least £175-£200 by the time it gets over to me. preocupado.gif  Dilemma time...

It also appears to have some sort of certificate within it...any idea what this is? The RT CE had a warrant of trade with a hand-scribed, fan chosen name on it. The DH CE had a similar document with a non-fan chosen Inquisitor's name on it. I wonder how FFG will approach the issue of making each DW CE unique?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that its a deathwatch induction/transfer document telling your marine ( i'm guessing you get to pick the name ) that he has been transferred to the deathwatch and what an honour it is?

Walker0001 said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that its a deathwatch induction/transfer document telling your marine ( i'm guessing you get to pick the name ) that he has been transferred to the deathwatch and what an honour it is?

Awesome.  My very own, maybe personalized, marching orders.

-=Brother Praetus=-

My wallet is already stinging for the $240 I locked away for this, I care not if its $120, $150, $180 or $200.....I am buying one.

Alexis

*smiles*

(PS I know that people like me are the minority. And I know the last thing most people want to hear is an encouragement to have a high price on the box, as is the case with people talking about how much they'd pay for one. But in all honesty; the way that baby looks; I could not help but say it.)