Sign in to follow this  
artemis8

Que: Chalenges, Doran Martell, Schorched earth and saving chars with attmts...

A following situation happened recently:

Duel Martell vs. Targaryen.

Martell player had in play Doran Martell (If an attacker loses a challenge, he has to fulfill the challenge claim by the claim value of the defender's plot card), Targaryen player had in play Schorched earth (Location, During the first chalenge of the challenge phase non-army characters do not count their strength).

Because neither player had any army characters in play and because Martell player could succeed in his second and third challenge, he declared his first challenge (no matter its type), though his character had 0 strength. Targaryen player did not declare defenders - they would also have 0 strength and challenge would be unopposed this way or that way.

So my question: Is the Martell player in this challenge suppossed winner or loser (his character had 0 strength but the challenge was unopposed) and does he have to fullfil Doran's ability by an actual Targaryen's plot card value?

And one more question:

One of my characters has attached one my attachment (bonus) and one enemy attachment (penalty). Due to some event card this character is killed but I will save him due to another event card. Is this character saved, after this saving effect happens, with all his attached attachments or is saved only the character alone (without any attachments)?

Thanks for your answers.

Artemis said:

So my question: Is the Martell player in this challenge suppossed winner or loser (his character had 0 strength but the challenge was unopposed) and does he have to fullfil Doran's ability by an actual Targaryen's plot card value?

You cannot win a challenge with 0 total STR. Since both the attacker and the defender had a total STR of 0, no one won. And if no one won, no one lost, either. Since the attacker didn't actually lose, Doran's ability does not apply.

Artemis said:

One of my characters has attached one my attachment (bonus) and one enemy attachment (penalty). Due to some event card this character is killed but I will save him due to another event card. Is this character saved, after this saving effect happens, with all his attached attachments or is saved only the character alone (without any attachments)?

Attachments are only discarded when a character leaves play. If a character is saved, it never actually dies and thus never actually leaves play - so there is nothing discarding the attachments and they remain as well.

Thanks ktorn for your explanation.

So, there is even a third state in a challenge result: victory, lose and stalemate (when there is neither winner nor loser happy.gif). Good to know about it.