Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toqtamish

Card List

91 posts in this topic

 Leadership: Aragorn, Gloin, Theodred

Tactics: Legolas, Gimli, Thalin

Spirit: Eowyn, Dunhere, Eleanor

Lore: Glorfindel, Denethor, Beravor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BeardFan said:

 Leadership: Aragorn, Gloin, Theodred

Tactics: Legolas, Gimli, Thalin

Spirit: Eowyn, Dunhere, Eleanor

Lore: Glorfindel, Denethor, Beravor

You're the man, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BeardFan said:

 Leadership: Aragorn, Gloin, Theodred

Tactics: Legolas, Gimli, Thalin

Spirit: Eowyn, Dunhere, Eleanor

Lore: Glorfindel, Denethor, Beravor

So, where's Argalad lengua.gif ? Also, mostly chicks with Spirit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BeardFan said:

 Leadership: Aragorn, Gloin, Theodred

Tactics: Legolas, Gimli, Thalin

Spirit: Eowyn, Dunhere, Eleanor

Lore: Glorfindel, Denethor, Beravor

BeardFan - I think You saw the game or the demo in action. At some Game Show in Germany, right? Tell as something more about the game. How it all works, how many card does a players deck have and so on. Share with us Youre knowledge if You can.

Oh, how many of You seen those new avatars? I'm asking becouse those are a great sneak pick at new arts from the game and those are looking amazing.

PS. those characters are interesting. Gimli son of Gloin and Gloin himself, some father and son deck there will be. happy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Glorfindel as Lore? Really? I can justify him in any of the three other spheres, but Lore is a bit odd, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YGrams said:

 Glorfindel as Lore? Really? I can justify him in any of the three other spheres, but Lore is a bit odd, in my opinion.

Hang around in Rivendell and Elrond for an Age or two and even a dimwit could learn Lore. And Gloryboy is no dimwit cool.gif . Meccg had Glorfindel as Warrior/Sage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I don't think him a dimwit; it's just that his exploits in the flight from Gondolin sum him up for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam said:

BeardFan said:

 

 Leadership: Aragorn, Gloin, Theodred

Tactics: Legolas, Gimli, Thalin

Spirit: Eowyn, Dunhere, Eleanor

Lore: Glorfindel, Denethor, Beravor

 

 

So, where's Argalad lengua.gif ? Also, mostly chicks with Spirit.

Females in Tolkien's lore are not warriors.Only exception is Eowyn and she fought just once at Pelenor Fields.

Female elves are skilled warriors and can use weapons as good as males can but their duty is to stay out of the battle and heal those who need healing.A female elf takes a weapon and goes to battle if this is the only option she has or if she is in danger.So spirit or willpower is the sphere that fits more at female characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam said:

YGrams said:

 

 Glorfindel as Lore? Really? I can justify him in any of the three other spheres, but Lore is a bit odd, in my opinion.

 

 

Hang around in Rivendell and Elrond for an Age or two and even a dimwit could learn Lore. And Gloryboy is no dimwit cool.gif . Meccg had Glorfindel as Warrior/Sage.

I learned a lot from that sage.  Then I learned it was cheaper to keep Halbarad at Rivendell if I wanted to play Marvels Told.  
 

I really like that most of the MEQ heroes made it into the game... even though Eleanor is really just Ayn Rand....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

qwertyuiop said:

I learned a lot from that sage.  Then I learned it was cheaper to keep Halbarad at Rivendell if I wanted to play Marvels Told.  

Aiiiieeee! Nooooo! A pox on you and your Halbarad/Ioreth + MT mention. One of the few things (apart from hobbits and squatters) I truely hate about Meccg. Still possibly the best ccg ever made, but that MT-crap gets old, really, really fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Mighty Jim said:

 

Who is Eleanor? I'm guessing it's not Sam's daughter as the picture doesn't look very hobbit-ish.

 

 

Also she cant be Sam's daughter cause in this game we play events before Bilbo's 111 birthday and Sam's daughter was born after the war of the ring.

There is no other character named Eleanor in Middle-Earth.Elanor was a flower in Lothlorien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it takes place between the 111th birthday and the days before Frodo and Sam take off. Either way, its a number of years before the birth of Sam's Eleanor. This Eleanor is just a FFG created character who I am guessing they wanted to add to this game for some variety. After all we can only have so many big name heroes before it would get a bit silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also a distinct lack of female characters in LotR (other than Arwen, Eowyn and Galadriel there aren't any unless you really scrape the barrel and come up with Lobelia Sackville-Baggins, Rosie Cotton and Ioreth), so makes sense to have new female characters really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mighty Jim said:

Who is Eleanor? I'm guessing it's not Sam's daughter as the picture doesn't look very hobbit-ish.

Eleanor is one of the heroes from Middle-Earth Quest, same as Thalin and Beravor, both of whom are in this game as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming the heroes also come out as 3 Dwarf, 3 Elf, 3 Rohan and 3 Gondor/Dunedain. Also 3 females, allows a full female party for a player, which I expect FFG think could be an important factor in attracting women to the game. So all these are reasons for the breakdown used in the core set.

On top of that they don't want to load it too front heavy with the big names. or people will pretty quickly complain about the nobodies being added in each adventure cycle.

An interesting question might be, how long will we have to wait until being able to play a full Hobbit party?

Be interesting to see what the sphere breakdown is for each race.

Dwarf: Leadership - Gloin, Tactic - Gimli and Thalin

Elf: Tactics - Legolas, Spirit - Eleanor, Lore - Glorfindel

Rohan: Leadership - Theodred, Spirit - Eowyn and Dunhere

Gondor: Leadership - Aragorn, Lore - Denethor and Beravor

I'm guessing at race for Thalin, Dunhere, Eleanor and Beravor, based on their names I think that's right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eleanor is Gondor Noble. You can see her fairly clearly on page 13.

Also Aragorn is Dunedain Noble Ranger. Not Gondor, which makes sense based on the books and not those movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toqtamish said:

Eleanor is Gondor Noble. You can see her fairly clearly on page 13.

Also Aragorn is Dunedain Noble Ranger. Not Gondor, which makes sense based on the books and not those movies.

Well that does suprise me what with eleanor being an elvish word. so she is.

Well that's my idea of there being some logic to the initial hero selection, gone for a burton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cootewards said:

Toqtamish said:

 

Eleanor is Gondor Noble. You can see her fairly clearly on page 13.

Also Aragorn is Dunedain Noble Ranger. Not Gondor, which makes sense based on the books and not those movies.

 

 

Well that does suprise me what with eleanor being an elvish word. so she is.

Well that's my idea of there being some logic to the initial hero selection, gone for a burton.

 

Isn't Sam's daughter spelled Elanor? And therefore the Elvish word would be spelled that way, as well? I think Eleanor is just a nice human name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone (or BeardFan) tell what it says on Glorfindel's text? I picked out "Pay _ resources from Glorfindel's pool to..."

Man, Glorfindel kicks butt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Narsil0420 said:

Can anyone (or BeardFan) tell what it says on Glorfindel's text? I picked out "Pay _ resources from Glorfindel's pool to..."

Man, Glorfindel kicks butt!

I am not surprised about that.One Balrog dead and we all know what he did to the Nazguls.His power is too grate and terrible lengua.gif.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the French rules :

Glorfindel has 12 threat cost, 3 will, 3 attack, 1 defense, 5 hit points.

He is Noble, Noldor and Warrior.

His text says :

Action : spend 1 resource from Glorfindel's pool to heal 1 damage on a character. (Limit : once per turn).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0