Sign in to follow this  
player1788711

WE NEED THE CARDS !!!

I have been very up front for my love of the COC LCG, and the only thing that I am having a problem with is that there are so many Asylum Packs that I cant buy due to them being out of print, not just here in the store but no one has them. I want to get all the cards asap and it is killing me that I cant. Does anyone know when the reprint will be up? Anyway I'm just needing to get my COC fix.

Joshua James Harper Bell

Plenty of packs are still easy to find with a simple eBay search & prices are comparable to off-the-shelf including shipping. I'd link you but I haven't figured out how you can link text in this funky forum & the eBay search links are insufferably long. Needless to say tho', just search "Cthulhu LCG" or "CCG" & there are plenty available.

If you don't do eBay there are still plenty of online retailers selling. Prices may vary. Now that I am caught up on all the LCG APs I have a standing order at my local game shop. When a new expansion is released & in-stock they give me a call & I come pick it up.

I have looked on ebay as well as checked a million online stores all around the world no one has the cards that i am looking for like the Mt. of madness and Ancient Horror asylum packs. With that in mind I'm sure that your friends and mine at FFG would rather sell them to me than have me get them on ebay and the same Id true for me that is that I would rather buy them from FFG than spend all my time looking for them online, If you have some place that you know has them for sell it would help me out a lot if you could hit me up with the links, Thanks.

I checked the upcoming link and I could not find anything like a date that tells me when they will be there but thx for the info all the same.

Joshua James Harper Bell

FFG doesn't give delivery dates anymore - just vageries like "at the printer", "on the boat", etc.

On the other hand, this also means they are not likely to be wrong about delivery dates! happy.gif

I think some of you are missing the point... FFG sells stuff, I want to buy the stuff the FFG sells, however I am unable to now this is a problem for the both of us as I want the fun that comes from the cards that I want to buy and FFG wants the money from the cards that I want to buy. If the cards are made and offered to sell I (as well as all the other people who i have talked to that cant find them) as well as FFG both win, in the since that we both get what we want.

think of it like this H = Myself being happy, C = Getting COC LCG cards is one of the things that makes me happy, -H = I am unhappy and the same can be true for all other parts of the formula, anything with a negative in front of it is not that. Now the same is true for FFG that is to say that F= FFG being happy, S= selling products like COC LCG is one of the thigs that makes FFG happy. Assuming that both myself and FFG want to be happy (witch we do) Than it is safe to say that JJHB (myself) +C = H, this can also mean that, JJHB + (-C) = (-H). The same is true for FFG. FFG + S = F or FFG +(-S) = (-F)

The bottom line is that there is something that can be done to fix this print and sell more cards this will in the end make myself and FFG happy and we can all sleep well at night with dreams of Cthulhu in our heads.

Joshua James Harper Bell

I think we all agree, including FFG.  They are reprinting these cards.  Of course they have their own economic models of the cost of printing (how many units, shipping, etc.).  It doesn't make sense for them to print more than they can ever sell - then they'd lose money, potentially go out of business, and none of us would be able to play again...

TheProfessor said:

I think we all agree, including FFG.  They are reprinting these cards.  Of course they have their own economic models of the cost of printing (how many units, shipping, etc.).  It doesn't make sense for them to print more than they can ever sell - then they'd lose money, potentially go out of business, and none of us would be able to play again...

Heh, I can relate to the original posters' feelings. I started delving into cthulhu not so long ago, and I'm the proud owner of a core set and an secrets of arkham expansion (which is taking a loong long time crossing the Atlantic).

I too would like those two asylum packs, because I love the Polar theme, and because they're only 2 of them, instead of 6 making it easier to integrate into the game. Now, I'm fairly happy that they will be reprinted somewhere in time, I'd just be a bit more at ease if I knew more or less when (especially since the packs take so long to reach Europe. The only distributor in Portugal hasn't received a single Yuggoth Contract pack, and has no estimate on their arrival).

I just hope that if enough people come and ask about it, the more reason FFG has to really think it's a good idea to re-print them. Soon rather than later. Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with sugar lumps on top?

If we all agree then why is it that you would feel the need to say such a thing? You see people, that is to say people that i have had dealings with in my past only say things like i think we all agree if in fact, that is not the case at all. Think about what that would mean, First that I know what it is that I know and second that you know what it is that I know. I'm not sure that any person can ever know what it is that they would say that they know is anything at all and with that being such a problem then how could that same person think that they know something that some one other than them self would know. Second why would there ever be a need for such a clarification, that is to say that if we are all in agreement then why is it that you would feel the need to say something to the lines of that, as it was we would all know it and feel it to be true. It would be like thinking that if you say that I am myself and I am not you then you have said something to respond to the question of who you are when in fact you have done nothing at all just said something as we (we being people that I have talked to) do, that sounds good at the time but has nothing behind it at all. The bottom line is this I love this game and FFG all together my only hope was to find the cards that I am looking for and play them with my friends while kicking back some cold ones, and if you do not know something about where I could find them or when the reprint would be coming in then I'm not sure why you would say anything at all. I'm not trying to be rude as I guess you are feeling I am, I am just trying to talk and find my cards nothing more nothing less.

Joshua James Harper Bell

JJHB83 said:

snippity snip 

Joshua James Harper Bell

Well, now my feelings are hurt... Seriously though, you are right in something - and without delving too much into a pseudo-philosophical debate about the natural flaws of human interaction and understanding - just stating agreement with something has usually little to no value to a discussion.

But the internet, and social interaction in general, is a great deal more complex than that. The need for me to agree with your position, stemmed from a quite simple fact: The more buzz around a certain subject, the more likely it is for it to be noticed.

I could frankly care less about what you think, no personal offense against you in particular.You desire cards for yourself; I desire cards for my own. If, by some mystical manner, the asylum packs in question could be brought to me alone, never to be reprinted for the general populace, I would not weep for your or anyone elses loss. (Un)fortunately, the world does not revolve around me. FFG is a business company, where the more sales implies profit for them, and a greater chance of creating even more packs for me to acquire.

Now, only an infinitesimal part of Cthulhu players ever check this forums. If a single post is created, asking for the items that are now out of stock, and then quickly fades into nothingness, without any replies, the chances of the message passing across and seen as important, subsides. You want the cards enough to voice your opinion over it. I want them too, and as such, I replied to your post instead of creating a new one stating the same, which is a fairly commonplace in internet forums.

That's all there is to it, no need to get so uppity. The cards shall come, when FFG deems us worthy of such a gift. I have so far checked an unhealthy ammount of internet shops, to little avail. The older asylum packs are fairly difficult to find nowadays. We're all awaiting the reprinting which will infuse the market once again with their presence.

Noone here is being an echo of your voice, in the back of your mind... Sleep well, and dream not with the things beyond.

I know not where you are located JJ' but FFGs event center

in Minnesota had the APs you seek in stock. Starting tomorrow

10am? in Indianapolis the exhibit hall at GenCon will include

an FFG retail area that usually includes a broad selection of

APs. Good luck!

I checked for both AP just now online through google shopping and found multiple sellers for both, at maybe $15 including s&h.

CCG (and the new LCG model) are sold over time and do go out of print. It is a living game, where a release peaks and supply wanes.

Why it matters from which reputable seller one purchases is beyond me (besides the understanding that most have a favorite and least favorite vendor).

If reprints were discernible from the original releases, now that would be cool for crazy collectors.

I am amazed at the level of introspection on the topic. Go for it!

Shoes, I went to the websites of four of those places listed on Google Shopping, and all four are out of stock.  One of them, of course, made me place an order and put in all of my information to purchase, allowing me to place and pay for the decks, and sent me a confirmation of the order which claimed they would ship immediately, but listed the cards as 'out of stock'.  Bunch of dweeby retailers.  First and last time I will ever use google shopping. 

I think the best bet would be to keep on top of the new Asylum Packs & continue to purchase them as soon as they become available to you. That way this situation won't come up in future & you can still keep an eye out for out of print packs. That's what worked for me. It took many months & I don't have a lot of doubles, but eventually I collected at least one of everything.

Now, on to the CCG cards. (Nooooooo!)

I'm pretty sure all of the APs starting with AP7 are meant to be kept in print. AP5 & AP6 are a bit odd since they've been initially released before the new LCG Core Set became available. Certain cards, like the Sled Dogs, allowing eight copies, appear to have been created in an intermediate phase when the new LCG rules had not yet been finalized. I wouldn't mind if these APs would be phased out and no longer allowed in tournament play.

JJHB83 said:

Thx For the PM big show but for some reason I can see or find it any where if you want you can email me or just put it on here thanks again.

Odd. Ok. Basically, my FLGS here as three copies of Ancient Horrors still in stock if you are interested. They are £8 GBP each but I don't know what postage/shipping would be.

You can contact the shop owner on enquiries [at] gamers [dot] uk [dot] net

Hope that helps.

JJHB83 said:

Thx for the info great sight. What is the best way to do this should you buy the Asylum Packs in 3s or should you go for booster boxes and are there more cards in the boosters that are not in the APs ?

Best things is to email the owner on the address above and see what the postage would be to your location for however many of the packs you want, and deal with him. I don't know what you mean by boosters, as they don't exist under the LCG.