Sign in to follow this  
ThenDoctor

Wondering what's coming out to play at Gencon

Okay, so not directly related to the topic, but I'm just curious if any new info surfaced during the FFG RPG seminars regarding i.e. the future Blood of Martyrs supplement at GenCon? 

Someone asked pointed black if they would need Inquisitors Handbook to use Blood of Martyrs. Mack (the dev) said that it was very important that supplements not require other supplements. To that end some things would be reprinted if they didn't take a lot of space. He mentioned that the Eviscerator was very important to characters from the Ecclesiarchy so that was something small that could be reprinted in Blood of Martyrs. 

Next they asked if that meant the Adepta Sororitas would be reprinted, and if so why invalidate such an important part of the Inquisitor's Handbook. Mack said that the Inquisitors Handbook presented a very "general" Adepta Sororitas and that Blood of Martyrs was an opportunity to explore more specialized aspects of the Militant and Non-militant ordos.

That's when I had to ask if he would FINALLY fix the travesty that is the Ordo Dialogous and the Ordo Famulous being only a single rank that lead into each other rather than being distinct ordos. That's like having a space marine class and rank 1 is "Blood Angels" and rank 2 is "Space Wolf".

He laughed and said that it was very important that players be able to customize their characters and feel like their sister adhered to the established background of 40k. He also winked I swear it.

So here's hoping that blood of martyrs actually has careers or at least alternate career ranks for the Battle Sisters and non-militant orders.

Well, given I'm one of the playtesters involved with Blood of Martyrs... I hope you enjoy it happy.gif Hell, it made me enjoy playing puritan characters for pretty much the first time (I'm a die-hard Radical lengua.gif Xanthian to the bone!).

Will we be seeing Blood of Martyrs coming out this year as stated in the Knowledge as Power or should we expect a bit of delay from the planned date range similar tot eh last knowledge is power?